Related Task Search
6 occupations have tasks related to the 1 task from your current occupation, Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Motion Picture.
- Edit video for broadcast productions, including non-linear editing.
||Film and Video Editors
- Organize and string together raw footage into a continuous whole according to scripts or the instructions of directors and producers.
- Trim film segments to specified lengths and reassemble segments in sequences that present stories with maximum effect.
- Set up and operate computer editing systems, electronic titling systems, video switching equipment, and digital video effects units to produce a final product.
- Select and combine the most effective shots of each scene to form a logical and smoothly running story.
- Edit films and videotapes to insert music, dialogue, and sound effects, to arrange films into sequences, and to correct errors, using editing equipment.
- Cut shot sequences to different angles at specific points in scenes, making each individual cut as fluid and seamless as possible.
- Piece sounds together to develop film soundtracks.
- Manipulate plot, score, sound, and graphics to make the parts into a continuous whole, working closely with people in audio, visual, music, optical, or special effects departments.
||Audio and Video Equipment Technicians
- Record and edit audio material, such as movie soundtracks, using audio recording and editing equipment.
- Edit videotapes by erasing and removing portions of programs and adding video or sound as required.
- Prepare copy and edit tape so that material is ready for broadcasting.
||Reporters and Correspondents
- Edit or assist in editing videos for broadcast.
||Directors- Stage, Motion Pictures, Television, and Radio
- Cut and edit film or tape to integrate component parts into desired sequences.
- Edit broadcast material electronically, using computers.