- Coordinate administration of anesthetics with surgeons during operation.
- Confer with other medical professionals to determine type and method of anesthetic or sedation to render patient insensible to pain.
- Manage anesthesiological services, coordinating them with other medical activities and formulating plans and procedures.
- Participate in and write reports for meetings regarding patients' progress, such as individualized educational planning (IEP) meetings, in-service meetings, or intervention assistance team meetings.
- Supervise or collaborate with therapy team.
- Consult with and refer clients to additional medical or educational services.
||Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, including psychiatrists, psychologists, or nursing staff, to develop, implement, or evaluate treatment plans.
- Consult with psychiatrists or other professionals when unusual or complex cases are encountered.
- Participate in treatment team conferences regarding diagnosis or treatment of difficult cases.
||Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics
- Coordinate work with other emergency medical team members or police or fire department personnel.
- Coordinate with treatment center personnel to obtain patients' vital statistics and medical history, to determine the circumstances of the emergency, and to administer emergency treatment.
- Coordinate work with clerical personnel or other technologists.
- Collaborate with other medical team members, such as physicians or nurses, to conduct angiography or special vascular procedures.
||Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physicians
- Coordinate physical medicine and rehabilitation services with other medical activities.
- Consult or coordinate with other rehabilitative professionals including physical and occupational therapists, rehabilitation nurses, speech pathologists, neuropsychologists, behavioral psychologists, social workers, or medical technicians.
||Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
- Work as part of a healthcare team to assess patient needs, plan and modify care, and implement interventions.
- Evaluate nursing intervention outcomes, conferring with other healthcare team members as necessary.
- Plan and conduct treatment programs for patients' hearing or balance problems, consulting with educators, physicians, nurses, psychologists, speech-language pathologists, and other health care personnel, as necessary.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to assess and rehabilitate recipients of implanted hearing devices through auditory training and counseling.
||Nuclear Medicine Physicians
- Interpret imaging data and confer with other medical specialists to formulate diagnoses.
- Consult with anesthesiologists regarding recommended dosages or combinations of sedative drugs.
- Discuss with surgeon the nature of the surgical procedure, including operative consent, methods of operative exposure, diagnostic or laboratory data, or patient-advanced directives or other needs.
- Coordinate with anesthesia personnel to maintain patient temperature.
||Acute Care Nurses
- Collaborate with members of multidisciplinary health care teams to plan, manage, or assess patient treatments.
- Participate in patients' care meetings and conferences.
- Work as part of a team of physicians, nurses, or other healthcare professionals to manage patient care by assisting with medical procedures or related duties.
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
- Coordinate radiological services with other medical activities.
- Confer with professionals on client's treatment team to develop, coordinate, or integrate treatment plans.
- Confer with members of treatment team to plan and evaluate therapy programs.
- Collaborate with or assist doctors, psychologists, or rehabilitation therapists in working with mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or developmentally disabled patients to treat, rehabilitate, and return patients to the community.
- Collaborate with physicians to develop and implement comprehensive rehabilitation programs for athletic injuries.
||Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Coordinate work with physicians or other healthcare team members, including providing assistance during invasive procedures.
- Consult with physicians about ordering and interpreting tests or providing treatments.