- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Order, label, and count stock of medications, chemicals, or supplies and enter inventory data into computer.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, check for outdated medications in current inventory, and inform supervisors of stock needs and shortages.
- Restock intravenous (IV) supplies and add measured drugs or nutrients to IV solutions under sterile conditions to prepare IV packs for various uses, such as chemotherapy medication.
- Count sponges, needles, and instruments before and after operation.
- Clean and restock operating room, gathering and placing equipment and supplies and arranging instruments according to instructions, such as a preference card.
- Maintain supply of fluids, such as plasma, saline, blood, or glucose, for use during operations.
||Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics
- Maintain vehicles and medical and communication equipment and replenish first aid equipment and supplies.
- Order and purchase pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, or drugs, maintaining stock and storing and handling it properly.
- Issue medications from dispensary and maintain records in accordance with specified procedures.
||Occupational Health and Safety Specialists
- Maintain inventories of hazardous materials or hazardous wastes, using waste tracking systems to ensure that materials are handled properly.
- Perform team support duties, such as running errands, maintaining equipment, or stocking supplies.
||Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Maintain stock and supplies, preparing supplies for special examinations and ordering supplies when necessary.
||Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
- Inventory and requisition supplies and instruments.
||Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists
- Conduct inventories to maintain stock of clinical supplies.
||Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses
- Monitor the use and status of medical and pharmaceutical supplies.
- Assure that sterile or non-sterile supplies, such as contrast materials, catheters, films, chemicals, or other required equipment, are present and in working order or requisition materials.
||Occupational Health and Safety Technicians
- Verify availability or monitor use of safety equipment, such as hearing protection or respirators.
- Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment, or supplies and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
- Determine availability of necessary equipment or supplies for operative procedures.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Monitor medical supplies and place orders when inventory is low.