- Assess the status of post-date pregnancies to determine treatments and interventions.
- Estimate patients' due dates and re-evaluate as necessary based on examination results.
||Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses
- Evaluate patients' behavior to formulate diagnoses or assess treatments.
- Distinguish between physiologically and psychologically based disorders and diagnose appropriately.
- Evaluate athletes' readiness to play and provide participation clearances when necessary and warranted.
- Conduct an initial assessment of an athlete's injury or illness to provide emergency or continued care and to determine whether they should be referred to physicians for definitive diagnosis and treatment.
- Perform and document an initial exam, evaluating data to identify problems and determine a diagnosis prior to intervention.
- Review physician's referral and patient's medical records to help determine diagnosis and physical therapy treatment required.
||Acute Care Nurses
- Assess urgent and emergent health conditions, using both physiologically and technologically derived data.
- Evaluate medical information to determine patients' risk factors, such as allergies to contrast agents, or to make decisions regarding the appropriateness of procedures.
- Determine or coordinate treatment plans by requesting laboratory services, reviewing genetics or counseling literature, and considering histories or diagnostic data.
- Assess patients' medical histories to predict anesthesia response.
||Sports Medicine Physicians
- Evaluate and manage chronic pain conditions.
- Analyze or synthesize client data to draw conclusions or make recommendations for therapy.
- Conduct nutritional assessments of individuals, including obtaining and evaluating individuals' dietary histories, to plan nutritional programs.
- Study diagnostic records, such as medical or dental histories, plaster models of the teeth, photos of a patient's face and teeth, and X-rays, to develop patient treatment plans.
- Analyze patient's medical history, medication allergies, physical condition, and examination results to verify operation's necessity and to determine best procedure.
||Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics
- Assess nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures.
||Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Evaluate the position of the wisdom teeth to determine whether problems exist currently or might occur in the future.
- Test and evaluate patients' physical and mental abilities and analyze medical data to determine realistic rehabilitation goals for patients.
- Evaluate patients to determine eligibility for cosmetic procedures such as liposuction, laser resurfacing, or microdermabrasion.
||Respiratory Therapy Technicians
- Read and evaluate physicians' orders and patients' chart information to determine patients' condition and treatment protocols.
- Evaluate hearing or speech and language test results, barium swallow results, or medical or background information to diagnose and plan treatment for speech, language, fluency, voice, or swallowing disorders.
- Analyze or evaluate dental needs to determine changes or trends in patterns of dental disease.