- Diagnose or treat acute health care problems, such as illnesses, infections, or injuries.
- Treat or refer patients for primary care conditions, such as headaches, hypertension, urinary tract infections, upper respiratory infections, and dermatological conditions.
- Perform primary care procedures such as suturing, splinting, administering immunizations, taking cultures, and debriding wounds.
||Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Treat infections of the oral cavity, salivary glands, jaws, and neck.
- Treat problems affecting the oral mucosa, such as mouth ulcers and infections.
- Remove sutures and dressings.
- Manage and treat common health problems, such as infections, influenza or pneumonia, as well as serious, chronic, and complex illnesses, in adolescents, adults, and the elderly.
||Respiratory Therapy Technicians
- Work with patients in areas such as the emergency rooms, neonatal or pediatric intensive care, or surgical intensive care, treating conditions such as emphysema, chronic bronchitis, asthma, cystic fibrosis, or pneumonia.
- Prepare and apply sterile wound dressings.
- Treat minor cuts, abrasions, or contusions.
||Sports Medicine Physicians
- Examine, evaluate and treat athletes who have been injured or who have medical problems such as exercise-induced asthma.
- Remove foreign bodies from the eye.
||Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physicians
- Diagnose or treat performance-related conditions such as sports injuries or repetitive motion injuries.
- Treat children who have minor illnesses, acute and chronic health problems, and growth and development concerns.
- Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds, or performing surgery.
||Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Provide specialized direct and indirect care to inpatients and outpatients within a designated specialty, such as obstetrics, neurology, oncology, or neonatal care.
- Provide health care, first aid, immunizations, or assistance in convalescence or rehabilitation in locations such as schools, hospitals, or industry.