- Scrub arms and hands and assist the surgical team to scrub and put on gloves, masks, and surgical clothing.
- Provide technical assistance to surgeons, surgical nurses, or anesthesiologists.
- Hand instruments and supplies to surgeons and surgeons' assistants, hold retractors and cut sutures, and perform other tasks as directed by surgeon during operation.
- Prepare dressings or bandages and apply or assist with their application following surgery.
- Pass instruments or supplies to surgeon during procedure.
- Assist in the insertion, positioning, or suturing of closed-wound drainage systems.
- Assist members of surgical team with gowning or gloving.
||Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Assist surgeons with vascular procedures, such as preparing balloons and stents.
- Assist physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac or peripheral vascular treatments, such as implanting pacemakers or assisting with balloon angioplasties to treat blood vessel blockages.
||General Internal Medicine Physicians
- Provide consulting services to other doctors caring for patients with special or difficult problems.
- Advise surgeon of a patient's risk status and recommend appropriate intervention to minimize risk.
||Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Provide consultation to other health care providers in areas such as patient discharge, patient care, or clinical procedures.
- Make clinical recommendations to physicians, other health care providers, insurance companies, patients, or health care organizations.
||Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Coordinate work with physicians or other healthcare team members, including providing assistance during invasive procedures.
- Direct or coordinate infection control programs, advising or consulting with specified personnel about necessary precautions.
||Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Consult with or provide consulting services to other physicians.
- Provide consulting services to other physicians.
||Ophthalmic Medical Technologists
- Assist physicians in performing ophthalmic procedures, including surgery.
- Provide physicians with assistance during surgery or complicated medical procedures.
- Provide urology consultation to physicians or other health care professionals.
||Allergists and Immunologists
- Provide allergy or immunology consultation or education to physicians or other health care providers.
||Orthopedic Surgeons, Except Pediatric
- Provide consultation and surgical assistance to other physicians and surgeons.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review, or evaluate the quality or effectiveness of drugs or drug regimens, providing advice on drug applications or characteristics.
- Provide dermatologic consultation to other health professionals.
- Evaluate or make recommendations for standards of care or clinical operations, ensuring compliance with applicable regulations, ethics, legislation, or policies.
||Ophthalmologists, Except Pediatric
- Provide ophthalmic consultation to other medical professionals.
- Consult with and advise educators or medical staff on speech or hearing topics, such as communication strategies or speech and language stimulation.
- Advise oncology team members how beam modifying or immobilization devices should be used in radiation treatment plans.