- Use beam-restrictive devices and patient-shielding techniques to minimize radiation exposure to patient and staff.
- Position patient on examining table and set up and adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by physician.
||Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Select appropriate equipment settings and adjust patient positions to obtain the best sites and angles.
- Prepare patient for exam by explaining procedure, transferring patient to ultrasound table, scrubbing skin and applying gel, and positioning patient properly.
- Position patients for treatment with accuracy, according to prescription.
- Follow principles of radiation protection for patient, self, and others.
- Coordinate or participate in the positioning of patients, using body stabilizing equipment or protective padding to provide appropriate exposure for the procedure or to protect against nerve damage or circulation impairment.
||Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Prepare and position patients for testing.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Restrain animals during exams or procedures.
||Nuclear Medicine Technologists
- Position radiation fields, radiation beams, and patient to allow for most effective treatment of patient's disease, using computer.
||Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists
- Position patients on cradle, attaching immobilization devices if needed, to ensure appropriate placement for imaging.
- Restrain violent, potentially violent, or suicidal patients by verbal or physical means as required.
- Position patient on operating table to maximize patient comfort and surgical accessibility.
||Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics
- Immobilize patient for placement on stretcher and ambulance transport, using backboard or other spinal immobilization device.
- Use masks, gloves, and safety glasses to protect patients and self from infectious diseases.
- Position and immobilize patient on examining table.
||Occupational Health and Safety Technicians
- Supply, operate, or maintain personal protective equipment.
- Assist maternal patients to find physical positions that will facilitate childbirth.