||Occupational Health and Safety Technicians
- Conduct worker studies to determine whether specific instances of disease or illness are job-related.
- Collect data regarding potential hazards from new equipment or products linked to green practices.
- Collect data related to ecological or human health risks at brownfield sites.
- Conduct radiation oncology related research, such as improving computer treatment planning systems or developing new treatment devices.
- Design the arrangement of radiation fields to reduce exposure to critical patient structures, such as organs, using computers, manuals, and guides.
- Research diseases to which animals could be susceptible.
- Determine the effects of drug therapies, antibiotics, or new surgical techniques by testing them on animals.
- Provide dietitians with assistance researching food, nutrition, or food service systems.
- Teach, take continuing education classes, attend conferences or seminars, or conduct research and publish findings to increase understanding of mental, emotional, or behavioral states or disorders.
||Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Perform epidemiological investigations of acute and chronic diseases.
||Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technicians
- Perform medical research to further control or cure disease.
- Conduct research on neuropsychological disorders.
||Allergists and Immunologists
- Conduct laboratory or clinical research on allergy or immunology topics.
- Participate in research projects, conferences, or technical meetings.
||Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Conduct research to develop or test medications, treatments, or procedures to prevent or control disease or injury.
||Orthopedic Surgeons, Except Pediatric
- Conduct research to develop and test surgical techniques that can improve operating procedures and outcomes related to musculoskeletal injuries and diseases.
||Orthotists and Prosthetists
- Research new ways to construct and use orthopedic and prosthetic devices.
||Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists
- Conduct medical research under direction of microbiologist or biochemist.
- Conduct research in occupational therapy.
- Participate in clinical research projects.
- Conduct research to study anatomy and develop or test medications, treatments, or procedures to prevent or control disease or injury.
- Conduct medical research to aid in controlling and curing disease, to investigate new medications, and to develop and test new medical techniques.
- Conduct clinical or basic research.
||Ophthalmologists, Except Pediatric
- Conduct clinical or laboratory-based research in ophthalmology.