- Record and maintain patient information, such as vital signs, eating habits, behavior, progress notes, treatments, or discharge plans.
- Complete physical checks and monitor patients to detect unusual or harmful behavior and report observations to professional staff.
- Interview patients upon admission and record information.
||Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers
- Monitor animals recovering from surgery and notify veterinarians of any unusual changes or symptoms.
- Record information relating to animal genealogy, feeding schedules, appearance, behavior, or breeding.
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
- Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
- Monitor blood or plasma donors during and after procedures to ensure health, safety, and comfort.
- Record patient information, such as radiation doses administered, in patient records.
||Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Observe and record patients' progress, attitudes, and behavior and maintain this information in client records.
||Medical Equipment Preparers
- Record sterilizer test results.
||Occupational Therapy Aides
- Observe patients' attendance, progress, attitudes, and accomplishments and record and maintain information in client records.
- Take and record vital signs, such as temperature, blood pressure, pulse rate, or respiration rate, as directed by medical or nursing staff.