- Search burning buildings to locate fire victims.
- Rescue victims from burning buildings, accident sites, and water hazards.
- Administer first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation to injured persons.
- Position and climb ladders to gain access to upper levels of buildings, or to rescue individuals from burning structures.
- Spray foam onto runways, extinguish fires, and rescue aircraft crew and passengers in air-crash emergencies.
||Lifeguards, Ski Patrol, and Other Recreational Protective Service Workers
- Examine injured persons and administer first aid or cardiopulmonary resuscitation, if necessary, using training and medical supplies and equipment.
- Rescue distressed persons, using rescue techniques and equipment.
||Police Patrol Officers
- Render aid to accident victims and other persons requiring first aid for physical injuries.
- Administer first aid to injured group participants.
||Tour Guides and Escorts
- Provide for physical safety of groups, performing such activities as providing first aid or directing emergency evacuations.
||Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants
- Activate emergency action plans and administer first aid, as necessary.
||Fish and Game Wardens
- Participate in search-and-rescue operations.
- Perform first aid or cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) when required.
||Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors
- Administer emergency first aid, wrap injuries, treat minor chronic disabilities, or refer injured persons to physicians.
- Rescue fire victims, and administer emergency medical aid.
- Provide fire protection or first-aid assistance when necessary.
- Administer first aid according to prescribed procedures and notify emergency medical personnel when necessary.
- Provide emergency first aid and summon medical assistance when necessary.
||Municipal Fire Fighting and Prevention Supervisors
- Provide emergency medical services as required, and perform light to heavy rescue functions at emergencies.