||Fire Inspectors and Investigators
- Conduct inspections and acceptance testing of newly installed fire protection systems.
- Inspect properties that store, handle, and use hazardous materials to ensure compliance with laws, codes, and regulations, and issue hazardous materials permits to facilities found in compliance.
- Inspect and test fire protection or fire detection systems to verify that such systems are installed in accordance with appropriate laws, codes, ordinances, regulations, and standards.
||Forest Fire Inspectors and Prevention Specialists
- Examine and inventory firefighting equipment, such as axes, fire hoses, shovels, pumps, buckets, and fire extinguishers, to determine amount and condition.
- Inspect camp sites to ensure that campers are in compliance with forest use regulations.
||First-Line Supervisors of Security Workers
- Inspect and adjust security equipment to ensure it is operational or to detect evidence of tampering.
- Patrol the premises to prevent or detect intrusion, protect property, or preserve order.
||Retail Loss Prevention Specialists
- Verify proper functioning of physical security systems, such as closed-circuit televisions, alarms, sensor tag systems, or locks.
- Inspect buildings, equipment, or access points to determine security risks.
||Correctional Officers and Jailers
- Inspect conditions of locks, window bars, grills, doors, and gates at correctional facilities to ensure security and help prevent escapes.
- Conduct fire, safety, and sanitation inspections.
||Lifeguards, Ski Patrol, and Other Recreational Protective Service Workers
- Inspect recreational equipment, such as rope tows, T-bars, J-bars, or chair lifts, for safety hazards and damage or wear.
||Airfield Operations Specialists
- Conduct inspections of the airport property and perimeter to maintain controlled access to airfields.
||Health and Safety Engineers, Except Mining Safety Engineers and Inspectors
- Inspect facilities, machinery, or safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, or machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
||Animal Control Workers
- Examine animal licenses, and inspect establishments housing animals for compliance with laws.
- Assess safety of wiring or equipment set-up to determine the risk of fire or electrical shock.
||Private Detectives and Investigators
- Monitor industrial or commercial properties to enforce conformance to establishment rules and to protect people or property.
||First-Line Supervisors of Police and Detectives
- Inspect facilities, supplies, vehicles, and equipment to ensure conformance to standards.
- Inspect buildings for fire hazards and compliance with fire prevention ordinances, testing and checking smoke alarms and fire suppression equipment as necessary.