- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Prepare relishes and hors d'oeuvres.
||Food Preparation Workers
- Prepare a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables, or desserts, according to customers' orders or supervisors' instructions, following approved procedures.
- Make special dressings and sauces as condiments for sandwiches.
- Stir and strain soups and sauces.
||Cooks, Short Order
- Grill, cook, and fry foods such as french fries, eggs, and pancakes.
- Take orders from customers and cook foods requiring short preparation times, according to customer requirements.
- Grill and garnish hamburgers or other meats, such as steaks and chops.
||Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Prepare daily food items, and cook simple foods and beverages, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, pizza, or coffee, using proper safety precautions and sanitary measures.
- Cook or reheat food items such as french fries.
||Cooks, Private Household
- Prepare meals in private homes according to employers' recipes or tastes, handling all meals for the family and possibly for other household staff.
||Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
- Cook food or prepare food items, such as sandwiches, salads, and ice cream dishes, using standard formulas or following directions.
||Waiters and Waitresses
- Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Prepare or serve menu items, such as sandwiches or salads.
||Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria
- Cook foodstuffs according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, or numbers of portions to be served.
||Food Servers, Nonrestaurant
- Prepare food items, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, or beverages.
- Prepare appetizers such as pickles, cheese, and cold meats.
||Chefs and Head Cooks
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.