- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans, using dishwashers or by hand.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Sweep or scrub floors.
- Clean garbage cans with water or steam.
||Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers
- Clean and polish counters, shelves, walls, furniture, or equipment in food service areas or other areas of restaurants and mop or vacuum floors.
- Wash glasses or other serving equipment at bars.
||Cooks, Short Order
- Clean food preparation equipment, work areas, and counters or tables.
- Perform general cleaning activities in kitchen and dining areas.
||Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria
- Wash pots, pans, dishes, utensils, or other cooking equipment.
- Clean and inspect galley equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
||Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
- Scrub and polish counters, steam tables, and other equipment, and clean glasses, dishes, and fountain equipment.
- Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, and washing dishes, to keep equipment and facilities sanitary.
||Cooks, Fast Food
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
||Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Clean and organize eating, service, and kitchen areas.
- Wash dishes, glassware, and silverware after meals.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment.
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
||Waiters and Waitresses
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
||Food Servers, Nonrestaurant
- Clean or sterilize dishes, kitchen utensils, equipment, or facilities.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
||First-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
- Supervise and participate in kitchen and dining area cleaning activities.