- Arrange merchandise and sales promotion displays or issue sales promotion materials to customers.
- Call on prospective customers to explain company services or to solicit new business.
- Sell food specialties, such as sandwiches and beverages, to office workers and patrons of sports events.
||Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers
- Sell or collect admission tickets, passes, or facility memberships from patrons at entertainment events.
- Operate refreshment stands during intermission or obtain refreshments for press box patrons during performances.
- Manage inventory or sale of artist merchandise.
||Amusement and Recreation Attendants
- Sell tickets and collect fees from customers.
- Sell and serve refreshments to customers.
- Rent, sell, or issue sporting equipment and supplies, such as bowling shoes, golf balls, swimming suits, or beach chairs.
||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Sell service contracts for technical or scientific products.
- Sell technical and scientific products that are environmentally sound or designed for environmental remediation.
||Door-To-Door Sales Workers, News and Street Vendors, and Related Workers
- Circulate among potential customers or travel by foot, truck, automobile, or bicycle to deliver or sell merchandise or services.
- Persuade customers to purchase merchandise or services.
- Sell products requiring extensive technical expertise and support for installation and use, such as material handling equipment, numerical-control machinery, or computer systems.
- Secure and renew orders and arrange delivery.
- Sell travel packages.
- Sell or rent equipment, clothing, and supplies related to expeditions.
||Postal Service Clerks
- Sell and collect payment for products such as stamps, prepaid mail envelopes, and money orders.
- Rent post office boxes to customers.
||Securities and Commodities Traders
- Buy or sell stocks, bonds, commodity futures, foreign currencies, or other securities on behalf of investment dealers.
- Buy, sell, or trade carbon emissions permits.
||Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers
- Market vacant space to prospective tenants through leasing agents, advertising, or other methods.
- Meet with prospective tenants to show properties, explain terms of occupancy, and provide information about local areas.
||Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Sell products being promoted and keep records of sales.
- Purchase or sell energy or energy derivatives for customers.
||Insurance Sales Agents
- Sell various types of insurance policies to businesses and individuals on behalf of insurance companies, including automobile, fire, life, property, medical and dental insurance, or specialized policies, such as marine, farm/crop, and medical malpractice.
||Sales Agents, Financial Services
- Sell services or equipment, such as trusts, investments, or check processing services.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Sell or arrange for delivery, insurance, financing, or service contracts for merchandise.
||Gaming Change Persons and Booth Cashiers
- Sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons, or to other workers for resale to patrons.
||Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers
- Sell products from truck inventory and keep records of sales.
||Automotive and Watercraft Service Attendants
- Sell and install accessories, such as batteries, windshield wiper blades, fan belts, bulbs, or headlamps.
||Customer Service Representatives
- Solicit sales of new or additional services or products.