- Recruit, interview, or hire employees.
- Inform staff of job responsibilities, performance expectations, client service standards, or corporate policies and guidelines.
- Train staff in the use or sale of products, programs, or activities.
- Schedule staff or supervise scheduling.
||First-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
- Perform personnel actions, such as hiring and firing staff, providing employee orientation and training, and conducting supervisory activities, such as creating work schedules or organizing employee time sheets.
- Observe and evaluate workers and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service, and complete disciplinary write-ups.
- Recommend measures for improving work procedures and worker performance to increase service quality and enhance job safety.
||First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers
- Assign work schedules, following work requirements, to ensure quality and timely delivery of service.
- Train workers in proper operational procedures and functions and explain company policies.
- Recruit and hire staff members.
||First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
- Assign employees to specific duties.
- Plan and prepare work schedules and keep records of employees' work schedules and time cards.
- Determine how many gaming tables to open each day and schedule staff accordingly.
- Interview, hire, or train workers.
||Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop
- Hire, train, and supervise food and beverage service staff.
- Prepare staff work schedules.
||Chefs and Head Cooks
- Recruit and hire staff, such as cooks and other kitchen workers.
||Human Resources Specialists
- Administer employee benefit plans.
||First-Line Supervisors of Logging Workers
- Assign to workers duties such as trees to be cut, cutting sequences and specifications, or loading of trucks, railcars, or rafts.
||First-Line Supervisors of Aquacultural Workers
- Assign to workers duties such as fertilizing and incubating spawn, feeding and transferring fish, and planting, cultivating, and harvesting shellfish beds.
||First-Line Supervisors of Animal Husbandry and Animal Care Workers
- Assign tasks such as feeding and treatment of animals, and cleaning and maintenance of animal quarters.
||First-Line Supervisors of Non-Retail Sales Workers
- Plan and prepare work schedules, and assign employees to specific duties.
||First-Line Supervisors of Agricultural Crop and Horticultural Workers
- Assign duties, such as cultivation, irrigation, or harvesting of crops or plants, product packaging or grading, or equipment maintenance.
||Computer and Information Research Scientists
- Assign or schedule tasks to meet work priorities and goals.
- Assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of programming personnel.
- Participate in the hiring, training, scheduling, or supervision of alteration workers.
||Software Developers, Systems Software
- Supervise and assign work to programmers, designers, technologists, technicians, or other engineering or scientific personnel.
||Tour Guides and Escorts
- Train other guides and volunteers.
||Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers
- Schedule or manage staff, such as volunteer usher corps.
- Perform clerical and administrative duties such as keeping records, paying bills, and hiring and supervising personnel.