- Identify, develop, or evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
- Formulate, direct, or coordinate marketing activities or policies to promote products or services, working with advertising or promotion managers.
- Select products or accessories to be displayed at trade or special production shows.
||General and Operations Managers
- Plan or direct activities such as sales promotions that require coordination with other department managers.
- Develop or implement product-marketing strategies, including advertising campaigns or sales promotions.
||Door-To-Door Sales Workers, News and Street Vendors, and Related Workers
- Arrange buying parties and solicit sponsorship of such parties to sell merchandise.
- Set up and display sample merchandise at parties or stands.
||Advertising and Promotions Managers
- Plan and execute advertising policies and strategies for organizations.
- Formulate plans to extend business with established accounts and to transact business as agent for advertising accounts.
- Prepare merchandise for purchase or rental.
- Ticket, arrange, and display merchandise to promote sales.
||Advertising Sales Agents
- Determine advertising medium to be used and prepare sample advertisements within the selected medium for presentation to customers.
- Consult with company officials, sales departments, and advertising agencies to develop promotional plans.
||First-Line Supervisors of Non-Retail Sales Workers
- Confer with company officials to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business.
- Coordinate sales promotion activities, such as preparing merchandise displays and advertising copy.
||Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Set up and arrange displays or demonstration areas to attract the attention of prospective customers.
- Transport, assemble, and disassemble materials used in presentations.
||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products
- Plan, assemble, and stock product displays in retail stores, or make recommendations to retailers regarding product displays, promotional programs, and advertising.
||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Initiate sales campaigns to meet sales and production expectations.
- Place new merchandise on display.
||Public Relations and Fundraising Managers
- Identify main client groups and audiences, determine the best way to communicate publicity information to them, and develop and implement a communication plan.
||Fitness and Wellness Coordinators
- Develop marketing campaigns to promote a healthy lifestyle or participation in fitness or wellness programs.
||Funeral Service Managers
- Plan and implement sales promotions or other marketing strategies and activities for funeral home operations.
- Develop sales plans to introduce products in new markets.
||Solar Sales Representatives and Assessors
- Develop marketing or strategic plans for sales territories.
||Counter and Rental Clerks
- Prepare merchandise for display or for purchase or rental.
||Insurance Sales Agents
- Develop marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or companies who sell insurance.
||Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists
- Order, display, and maintain supplies.
- Determine campaign strategies for media advertising, positions on issues, and public appearances.