||Billing and Posting Clerks
- Review documents, such as purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips, or hospital records, to compute fees or charges due.
- Compute credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, or rates for goods or services to complete billing documents.
- Estimate market value of products or services.
||Counter and Rental Clerks
- Compute charges for merchandise or services and receive payments.
- Keep records of transactions and of the number of customers entering an establishment.
- Reserve items for requested times and keep records of items rented.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Maintain records related to sales.
||Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks
- Calculate amount of claim.
- Calculate premiums, refunds, commissions, adjustments, or new reserve requirements, using insurance rate standards.
||Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents
- Keep accurate records of transactions.
- Calculate costs for billings or commissions.
||Insurance Sales Agents
- Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
- Calculate premiums and establish payment method.
||Stockers and Order Fillers
- Itemize and total customer merchandise selection at checkout counter, using cash register, and accept cash or charge card for purchases.
- Compute prices of items or groups of items.
||Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
||Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Calculate costs of materials, overhead, and other expenses, based on estimates, quotations and price lists.
||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports.
||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Complete expense reports, sales reports, or other paperwork.
||Customer Service Representatives
- Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
||Sales Representatives of Services, Except Advertising, Insurance, Financial Services, and Travel
- Compute and compare costs of services.
||Weighers, Measurers, Checkers, and Samplers, Recordkeeping
- Compute product totals and charges for shipments.
||Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Sell products being promoted and keep records of sales.
- Inform customers about foreign currency regulations and compute transaction fees for currency exchanges.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
||Butchers and Meat Cutters
- Total sales, and collect money from customers.
||Farm Equipment Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Calculate bills according to record of repairs made, labor time, and parts used.
||Gambling Change Persons and Booth Cashiers
- Keep accurate records of monetary exchanges, authorization forms, and transaction reconciliations.