||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Visit establishments to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales.
- Study documentation or other information for new scientific or technical products.
- Obtain building blueprints or specifications for use by engineering departments in bid preparations.
||Insurance Sales Agents
- Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy.
- Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
- Attend meetings, seminars, and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
- Read catalogs, microfiche viewers, or computer displays to determine replacement part stock numbers and prices.
- Determine replacement parts required, according to inspections of old parts, customer requests, or customers' descriptions of malfunctions.
||Sales Agents, Securities and Commodities
- Interview clients to determine clients' assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, or financial objectives.
- Contact prospective customers to determine customer needs, present information, or explain available services.
||Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Research or investigate products to be presented to prepare for demonstrations.
- Learn about competitors' products or consumers' interests or concerns to answer questions or provide more complete information.
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements.
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
||Real Estate Sales Agents
- Interview clients to determine what kinds of properties they are seeking.
||Sales Agents, Financial Services
- Determine customers' financial services needs and prepare proposals to sell services that address these needs.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
||Solar Sales Representatives and Assessors
- Gather information from prospective customers to identify their solar energy needs.
- Research and recommend new products or services, such as alternative energy sources or renewable energy credits.
||Counter and Rental Clerks
- Greet customers and discuss the type, quality, and quantity of merchandise sought for rental.
||First-Line Supervisors of Non-Retail Sales Workers
- Visit retailers and sales representatives to promote products and gather information.
||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.