||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Visit establishments to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales.
- Contact new or existing customers to discuss how specific products or services can meet their needs.
- Emphasize product features, based on analyses of customers' needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Inform customers of estimated delivery schedules, service contracts, warranties, or other information pertaining to purchased products.
- Demonstrate the operation or use of technical or scientific products.
- Present information to customers about the energy efficiency or environmental impact of scientific or technical products.
||Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Demonstrate or explain products, methods, or services to persuade customers to purchase products or use services.
- Visit trade shows, stores, community organizations, or other venues to demonstrate products or services or to answer questions from potential customers.
- Practice demonstrations to ensure that they will run smoothly.
- Work as part of a team of demonstrators to accommodate large crowds.
- Contact businesses or civic establishments to arrange to exhibit and sell merchandise.
- Contact businesses or private individuals by telephone to solicit sales for goods or services, or to request donations for charitable causes.
- Explain products or services and prices, and answer questions from customers.
- Telephone or write letters to respond to correspondence from customers or to follow up initial sales contacts.
||Advertising Sales Agents
- Locate and contact potential clients to offer advertising services.
- Explain to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Inform customers of available options for advertisement artwork and provide samples.
||Solar Sales Representatives and Assessors
- Provide customers with information, such as quotes, orders, sales, shipping, warranties, credit, funding options, incentives, or tax rebates.
- Provide technical information about solar power, solar systems, equipment, and services to potential customers or dealers.
- Demonstrate use of solar and related equipment to customers or dealers.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Arrange for demonstrations or trial installations of equipment.
- Visit prospective buyers at commercial, industrial, or other establishments to show samples or catalogs, and to inform them about product pricing, availability, and advantages.
||Real Estate Sales Agents
- Contact previous clients for prospecting of referral business.
- Contact property owners and advertise services to solicit property sales listings.
- Display commercial, industrial, agricultural, and residential properties to clients and explain their features.
- Hand out samples or gifts, demonstrate products, and converse with children and adults while dressed in costume.
- Inform prospective purchasers about models, numbers, and prices of garments, the garments' designers, and where garments can be purchased.
||Door-to-Door Sales Workers, News and Street Vendors, and Related Workers
- Explain products or services and prices and demonstrate use of products.
- Arrange buying parties and solicit sponsorship of such parties to sell merchandise.
||Sales Representatives of Services, Except Advertising, Insurance, Financial Services, and Travel
- Contact prospective or existing customers to discuss how services can meet their needs.
- Emphasize or recommend service features based on knowledge of customers' needs and vendor capabilities and limitations.
- Assist customers, such as responding to customer complaints and updating them about back-ordered parts.
- Demonstrate equipment to customers and explain functioning of equipment.
||First-Line Supervisors of Non-Retail Sales Workers
- Listen to and resolve customer complaints regarding services, products, or personnel.
- Visit retailers and sales representatives to promote products and gather information.
- Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- Demonstrate use or operation of merchandise.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
||Counter and Rental Clerks
- Provide information about rental items, such as availability, operation, or description.
- Help customers select bicycles that fit their body sizes and intended bicycle uses.
||Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents
- Contact prospective customers to present information and explain available services.