||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Quote prices, credit terms, or other bid specifications.
- Emphasize product features, based on analyses of customers' needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Compute customer's installation or production costs and estimate savings from new services, products, or equipment.
- Inform customers of estimated delivery schedules, service contracts, warranties, or other information pertaining to purchased products.
- Present information to customers about the energy efficiency or environmental impact of scientific or technical products.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Estimate and quote trade-in allowances.
- Estimate quantity and cost of merchandise required, such as paint or floor covering.
- Estimate cost of repair or alteration of merchandise.
||Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents
- Contact prospective customers to present information and explain available services.
- Supply the latest price quotes on any security, as well as information on the activities or financial positions of the corporations issuing these securities.
- Price securities or commodities based on market conditions.
||Advertising Sales Agents
- Provide clients with estimates of the costs of advertising products or services.
- Explain to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Inform customers of available options for advertisement artwork and provide samples.
- Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
||Sales Representatives of Services, Except Advertising, Insurance, Financial Services, and Travel
- Emphasize or recommend service features based on knowledge of customers' needs and vendor capabilities and limitations.
- Quote prices, credit terms, contract terms, or fulfillment dates for services.
- Assist customers, such as responding to customer complaints and updating them about back-ordered parts.
- Demonstrate equipment to customers and explain functioning of equipment.
||Solar Sales Representatives and Assessors
- Provide customers with information, such as quotes, orders, sales, shipping, warranties, credit, funding options, incentives, or tax rebates.
- Provide technical information about solar power, solar systems, equipment, and services to potential customers or dealers.
||Counter and Rental Clerks
- Provide information about rental items, such as availability, operation, or description.
- Explain products or services and prices, and answer questions from customers.
||Door-to-Door Sales Workers, News and Street Vendors, and Related Workers
- Explain products or services and prices and demonstrate use of products.
- Inform prospective purchasers about models, numbers, and prices of garments, the garments' designers, and where garments can be purchased.
- Help customers select bicycles that fit their body sizes and intended bicycle uses.
||First-Line Supervisors of Non-Retail Sales Workers
- Listen to and resolve customer complaints regarding services, products, or personnel.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
||Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Demonstrate or explain products, methods, or services to persuade customers to purchase products or use services.
||Real Estate Sales Agents
- Display commercial, industrial, agricultural, and residential properties to clients and explain their features.