||Real Estate Brokers
- Maintain awareness of current income tax regulations, local zoning, building and tax laws, and growth possibilities of the area where a property is located.
- Maintain working knowledge of various factors that determine a farm's capacity to produce, such as agricultural variables and proximity to market centers and transportation facilities.
||Sales Representatives of Services, Except Advertising, Insurance, Financial Services, and Travel
- Attend sales or trade meetings or read related publications to obtain information about market conditions, business trends, regulations, or industry developments.
- Monitor market conditions, innovations, and competitors' services, prices, and sales.
||Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Research or investigate products to be presented to prepare for demonstrations.
- Learn about competitors' products or consumers' interests or concerns to answer questions or provide more complete information.
||Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents
- Monitor markets or positions.
- Track and analyze factors that affect price movement, such as trade policies, weather conditions, political developments, or supply and demand changes.
||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Study documentation or other information for new scientific or technical products.
- Attend sales or trade meetings or read related publications to obtain information about market conditions, business trends, environmental regulations, or industry developments.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
||Advertising Sales Agents
- Obtain and study information about clients' products, needs, problems, advertising history, and business practices to offer effective sales presentations and appropriate product assistance.
- Conduct client or market surveys to obtain information about potential customers.
||Insurance Sales Agents
- Attend meetings, seminars, and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
- Monitor or analyze market and environmental trends.
||First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
- Estimate consumer demand and determine the types and amounts of goods to be sold.