||Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
- Order and dispense supplies.
- Provide services to customers, such as order placement or account information.
- Prepare and mail checks.
- Mail newsletters, promotional material, or other information.
||Medical Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- Transmit correspondence or medical records by mail, e-mail, or fax.
- Perform bookkeeping duties, such as credits or collections, preparing and sending financial statements or bills, and keeping financial records.
- Perform various clerical or administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies.
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Prepare invitation-of-bid forms, and mail forms to supplier firms or distribute forms for public posting.
- Carry out special services for customers, such as ordering bank cards and checks.
- Order a supply of cash to meet daily needs.
- Compose, type, and mail customer statements and other correspondence related to issues such as discrepancies and outstanding unpaid items.
||Stockers and Order Fillers
- Dispose of damaged or defective items, or return them to vendors.
- Requisition merchandise from supplier, based on available space, merchandise on hand, customer demand, or advertised specials.
||Billing and Posting Clerks
- Take orders for imprinted checks.
- Perform general administrative tasks, such as answering telephones, scheduling appointments, and ordering supplies or equipment.
||Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Take orders for merchandise or materials and send them to the proper departments to be filled.
||Chefs and Head Cooks
- Order or requisition food or other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Meet with sales representatives to negotiate prices or order supplies.
- Pack and ship pottery to stores or galleries for retail sale.
- Maintain supplies of tools, equipment, and materials, and order additional supplies as needed.
||Library Assistants, Clerical
- Send out notices and accept fine payments for lost or overdue books.
- Acquire books, pamphlets, periodicals, audio-visual materials, and other library supplies by checking prices, figuring costs, and preparing appropriate order forms and facilitating the ordering process by providing such information to others.
||Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service
- Mail merchandise samples or promotional literature in response to requests.
||Postal Service Clerks
- Order retail items and other supplies for office use.
||Jewelers and Precious Stone and Metal Workers
- Select and acquire metals and gems for designs.
||Cooks, Short Order
- Order supplies and stock them on shelves.
||Shipping, Receiving, and Inventory Clerks
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
||Butchers and Meat Cutters
- Estimate requirements and order or requisition meat supplies to maintain inventories.
||Cooks, Private Household
- Shop for or order food and kitchen supplies and equipment.
||Dispatchers, Except Police, Fire, and Ambulance
- Order supplies or equipment and issue them to personnel.
- Place orders for laboratory equipment and supplies.
||Legal Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.