- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Count currency, coins, and checks received, by hand or using currency-counting machine, to prepare them for deposit or shipment to branch banks or the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Receive and count daily inventories of cash, drafts, and travelers' checks.
- Arrange monies received in cash boxes and coin dispensers according to denomination.
- Receive mortgage, loan, or public utility bill payments, verifying payment dates and amounts due.
- Count, verify, and post armored car deposits.
||Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Prepare bank deposits by compiling data from cashiers, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to banks.
||Gaming Cage Workers
- Count funds and reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books.
- Prepare bank deposits, balancing assigned funds as necessary.
- Collect prescribed fees for licenses.
- Prepare bank deposits and take deposits to banks.
||Postal Service Mail Carriers
- Obtain signed receipts for registered, certified, and insured mail, collect associated charges, and complete any necessary paperwork.
- Turn in money and receipts collected along mail routes.
||Parking Lot Attendants
- Perform cash handling tasks, such as making change, balancing and recording cash drawer, or distributing tips.
||Meter Readers, Utilities
||Stock Clerks, Sales Floor
- Itemize and total customer merchandise selection at checkout counter, using cash register, and accept cash or charge card for purchases.
||Bill and Account Collectors
- Receive payments and post amounts paid to customer accounts.
||Customer Service Representatives
- Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
||New Accounts Clerks
- Collect and record customer deposits and fees and issue receipts, using computers.
||Insurance Policy Processing Clerks
- Collect initial premiums and issue receipts.
||Interviewers, Except Eligibility and Loan
- Perform office duties, such as telemarketing or customer service inquiries, maintaining staff records, billing patients, or receiving payments.
- Perform bookkeeping duties, such as credits or collections, preparing and sending financial statements or bills, and keeping financial records.
||Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks
- Prepare customer invoices and accept payment.
||Loan Interviewers and Clerks
- Accept payment on accounts.
- Issue various permits and licenses, such as marriage, fishing, hunting, or dog licenses, and collect appropriate fees.
||Office Machine Operators, Except Computer
- Compute prices for services and receive payment, or provide supervisors with billing information.
||Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Receive payment and record receipts for services.
- Collect court fees or fines and record amounts collected.