- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Receive and count daily inventories of cash, drafts, and travelers' checks.
- Receive mortgage, loan, or public utility bill payments, verifying payment dates and amounts due.
- Inform customers about foreign currency regulations and compute transaction fees for currency exchanges.
||Billing, Cost, and Rate Clerks
- Review documents, such as purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips, or hospital records, to compute fees or charges due.
- Compute credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, or rates for goods or services to complete billing documents.
- Estimate market value of products or services.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services, or admission, and tabulate bills, using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
||Insurance Policy Processing Clerks
- Calculate premiums, refunds, commissions, adjustments, and new reserve requirements, using insurance rate standards.
- Collect initial premiums and issue receipts.
||Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks
- Plan routes, itineraries, and accommodation details, and compute fares and fees, using schedules, rate books, and computers.
- Prepare customer invoices and accept payment.
||Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Receive payment and record receipts for services.
- Calculate and quote rates for tours, stocks, insurance policies, or other products or services.
- Compute total charges for merchandise or services and shipping charges.
- Collect payment for merchandise, record transactions, and send items, such as checks or money orders for further processing.
||Postal Service Mail Carriers
- Obtain signed receipts for registered, certified, and insured mail, collect associated charges, and complete any necessary paperwork.
- Turn in money and receipts collected along mail routes.
||Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Calculate costs of materials, overhead, and other expenses, based on estimates, quotations and price lists.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payment.
||Sales Agents, Securities and Commodities
- Calculate costs for billings or commissions.
||Postal Service Clerks
- Sell and collect payment for products such as stamps, prepaid mail envelopes, and money orders.
||Order Fillers, Wholesale and Retail Sales
- Compute prices of items or groups of items.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
||Insurance Claims Clerks
- Calculate amount of claim.
||Meter Readers, Utilities
||Stock Clerks, Sales Floor
- Itemize and total customer merchandise selection at checkout counter, using cash register, and accept cash or charge card for purchases.
||Bill and Account Collectors
- Receive payments and post amounts paid to customer accounts.
||New Accounts Clerks
- Collect and record customer deposits and fees and issue receipts, using computers.
||Counter and Rental Clerks
- Compute charges for merchandise or services and receive payments.