- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Cash checks and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
- Prepare and verify cashier's checks.
- Process transactions, such as term deposits, retirement savings plan contributions, automated teller transactions, night deposits, and mail deposits.
- Receive and count daily inventories of cash, drafts, and travelers' checks.
- Receive mortgage, loan, or public utility bill payments, verifying payment dates and amounts due.
- Issue checks to bond owners in settlement of transactions.
- Inform customers about foreign currency regulations and compute transaction fees for currency exchanges.
- Fill customer orders by packaging sold items and documentation for direct shipping or by transferring orders to manufacturers or third-party distributors.
- Deliver e-mail confirmation of completed transactions and shipment.
- Cancel orders based on customer requests or inventory or delivery problems.
- Transfer digital media, such as music, video, or software, to customers via the Internet.
- Initiate online auctions through auction hosting sites or auction management software.
||New Accounts Clerks
- Collect and record customer deposits and fees and issue receipts, using computers.
- Execute wire transfers of funds.
- Perform foreign currency transactions and sell traveler's checks.
- Process loan applications.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services, or admission, and tabulate bills, using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
||Gaming Cage Workers
- Convert gaming checks, coupons, tokens, or coins to currency for gaming patrons.
- Cash checks and process credit card advances for patrons.
- Perform removal and rotation of cash, coin, or chip inventories as necessary.
||Billing, Cost, and Rate Clerks
- Review documents, such as purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips, or hospital records, to compute fees or charges due.
- Compute credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, or rates for goods or services to complete billing documents.
- Estimate market value of products or services.
||Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Prepare and process payroll information.
- Calculate costs of materials, overhead, and other expenses, based on estimates, quotations and price lists.
||Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
- Perform payroll functions, such as maintaining timekeeping information and processing and submitting payroll.
- Collect and deposit money into accounts, disburse funds from cash accounts to pay bills or invoices, keep records of collections and disbursements, and ensure accounts are balanced.
- Prepare and mail checks.
||Postal Service Clerks
- Sell and collect payment for products such as stamps, prepaid mail envelopes, and money orders.
- Cash money orders.
||Buyers and Purchasing Agents, Farm Products
- Arrange for processing or resale of purchased products.
- Sell supplies, such as seed, feed, fertilizers, or insecticides, arranging for loans or financing as necessary.
||Postal Service Mail Carriers
- Obtain signed receipts for registered, certified, and insured mail, collect associated charges, and complete any necessary paperwork.
- Turn in money and receipts collected along mail routes.
||Insurance Claims Clerks
- Calculate amount of claim.
- Pay small claims.
||Customer Service Representatives
- Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills.
- Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
||Insurance Policy Processing Clerks
- Calculate premiums, refunds, commissions, adjustments, and new reserve requirements, using insurance rate standards.
- Collect initial premiums and issue receipts.
||Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks
- Plan routes, itineraries, and accommodation details, and compute fares and fees, using schedules, rate books, and computers.
- Prepare customer invoices and accept payment.
||Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
- Perform administrative tasks, such as accepting orders, scheduling appointments or meeting rooms, or sending and receiving faxes.
- Perform various cash handling tasks, such as collecting payments, making bank deposits, or managing petty cash.
- Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Approve and pay bills.
||Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Receive payment and record receipts for services.
- Calculate and quote rates for tours, stocks, insurance policies, or other products or services.
- Compute total charges for merchandise or services and shipping charges.
- Collect payment for merchandise, record transactions, and send items, such as checks or money orders for further processing.
||Counter and Rental Clerks
- Compute charges for merchandise or services and receive payments.