||Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service
- Sort and route incoming mail, and collect outgoing mail, using carts as necessary.
- Place incoming or outgoing letters or packages into sacks or bins based on destination or type, and place identifying tags on sacks or bins.
- Stamp dates and times of receipt of incoming mail.
||Couriers and Messengers
- Sort items to be delivered according to the delivery route.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail.
||Library Assistants, Clerical
- Perform clerical activities, such as answering phones, sorting mail, filing, typing, word processing, and photocopying and mailing out material.
||Bill and Account Collectors
- Sort and file correspondence and perform miscellaneous clerical duties, such as answering correspondence and writing reports.
- Perform clerical duties such as typing, proofreading, and sorting mail.
||Postal Service Mail Sorters, Processors, and Processing Machine Operators
- Sort odd-sized mail by hand, sort mail that other workers have been unable to sort, and segregate items requiring special handling.
- Perform general office activities, such as typing, answering telephones, operating office machines, processing mail, or securing confidential materials.
||Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
||Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
- Process incoming or outgoing mail, packages, or deliveries.
||Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Date-stamp, sort, and rack incoming mail and messages.
||Word Processors and Typists
- Perform other clerical duties, such as answering telephone, sorting and distributing mail, running errands or sending faxes.
||Office Clerks, General
- Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
||Postal Service Clerks
- Sort incoming and outgoing mail, according to type and destination, by hand or by operating electronic mail-sorting and scanning devices.
||Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Sort and deliver library mail and packages.