Related Task Search
10 occupations have tasks related to the 1 task from your current occupation, Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive.
- Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information, internally or with other organizations.
- Observe signal lights on switchboards, and dial or press buttons to make connections.
- Operate telephone switchboards and systems to advance and complete connections, including those for local, long distance, pay telephone, mobile, person-to-person, and emergency calls.
- Monitor automated systems for placing collect calls and intervene for a callers needing assistance.
- Interrupt busy lines if an emergency warrants.
- Operate paging systems or other systems of bells or buzzers to notify recipients of incoming calls.
||Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
- Operate communication systems, such as telephone, switchboard, intercom, two-way radio, or public address.
- Page individuals to inform them of telephone calls, using paging or interoffice communication equipment.
- Place telephone calls or arrange conference calls as instructed.
||Police, Fire, and Ambulance Dispatchers
- Scan status charts and computer screens, and contact emergency response field units to determine emergency units available for dispatch.
- Monitor various radio frequencies such as those used by public works departments, school security, and civil defense to keep apprised of developing situations.
||Dispatchers, Except Police, Fire, and Ambulance
- Oversee all communications within specifically assigned territories.
- Operate ship-to-shore radios to exchange information needed for ship operations.
||Biomass Power Plant Managers
- Monitor and operate communications systems, such as mobile radios.
||Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Transmit and receive messages, using telephones or telephone switchboards.
||Air Traffic Controllers
- Inspect, adjust, or control radio equipment or airport lights.
- Operate audio and video systems.
||Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, CB radios, phones, or global positioning systems (GPS) equipment to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.