||Word Processors and Typists
- Electronically sort and compile text and numerical data, retrieving, updating, and merging documents as required.
- Reformat documents, moving paragraphs or columns.
- Adjust settings for format, page layout, line spacing, and other style requirements.
- Use data entry devices, such as optical scanners, to input data into computers for revision or editing.
- Enter data into computers for use in analyses or reports.
- File data and related information and maintain and update databases.
||Data Entry Keyers
- Compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors.
- Read source documents such as canceled checks, sales reports, or bills, and enter data in specific data fields or onto tapes or disks for subsequent entry, using keyboards or scanners.
||Insurance Claims Clerks
- Enter claims information into database systems.
- Organize or work with detailed office or warehouse records, using computers to enter, access, search or retrieve data.
||Meter Readers, Utilities
- Read electric, gas, water, or steam consumption meters and enter data in route books or hand-held computers.
- Upload into office computers all information collected on hand-held computers during meter rounds, or return route books or hand-held computers to business offices so that data can be compiled.
- Enter or retrieve information from structural databases, protein sequence motif databases, mutation databases, genomic databases or gene expression databases.
- Package bioinformatics data for submission to public repositories.
||Postal Service Mail Carriers
- Scan labels on letters or parcels to confirm receipt.
- Enter change of address orders into computers that process forwarding address stickers.
||Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks
- Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into computers.
- Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system.
- Perform routine data entry or other office support activities, including creating, sorting, photocopying, distributing, or filing documents.
- Operate spreadsheet programs and other types of software to load and manipulate data and to produce reports.
||New Accounts Clerks
- Compile information about new accounts, enter account information into computers, and file related forms or other documents.
||Insurance Policy Processing Clerks
- Transcribe data to worksheets and enter data into computer for use in preparing documents and adjusting accounts.
||Police, Fire, and Ambulance Dispatchers
- Enter, update, and retrieve information from teletype networks and computerized data systems regarding such things as wanted persons, stolen property, vehicle registration, and stolen vehicles.
- Update directory information.
- Input data, such as file numbers, new or updated information, or document information codes into computer systems to support document and information retrieval.
||Museum Technicians and Conservators
- Enter information about museum collections into computer databases.
||Cargo and Freight Agents
- Enter shipping information into a computer by hand or by a hand-held scanner that reads bar codes on goods.
||Library Assistants, Clerical
- Enter and update patrons' records on computers.
- Enter customers' transactions into computers to record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts.
||Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
- Create, maintain, and enter information into databases.