||Interviewers, Except Eligibility and Loan
- Ask questions in accordance with instructions to obtain various specified information, such as person's name, address, age, religious preference, or state of residency.
- Contact individuals to be interviewed at home, place of business, or field location, by telephone, mail, or in person.
- Identify and resolve inconsistencies in interviewees' responses by means of appropriate questioning or explanation.
- Perform patient services, such as answering the telephone or assisting patients with financial or medical questions.
||Clinical Research Coordinators
- Assess eligibility of potential subjects through methods such as screening interviews, reviews of medical records, or discussions with physicians and nurses.
- Perform specific protocol procedures such as interviewing subjects, taking vital signs, and performing electrocardiograms.
- Contact outside health care providers and communicate with subjects to obtain follow-up information.
- Listen to customer requests, referring to alphabetical or geographical directories to answer questions and provide telephone information.
- Operate telephone switchboards and systems to advance and complete connections, including those for local, long distance, pay telephone, mobile, person-to-person, and emergency calls.
- Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, or forms, such as intake or insurance forms.
||Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs
- Interview benefits recipients at specified intervals to certify their eligibility for continuing benefits.
- Interview and investigate applicants for public assistance to gather information pertinent to their applications.
||Police, Fire, and Ambulance Dispatchers
- Receive incoming telephone or alarm system calls regarding emergency and non-emergency police and fire service, emergency ambulance service, information, and after-hours calls for departments within a city.
- Answer routine inquiries, and refer calls not requiring dispatches to appropriate departments and agencies.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Interview and hire staff, and oversee staff training.
||Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
- Answer incoming calls, greeting callers, providing information, transferring calls or taking messages as necessary.
- Monitor emergency and code alarms, make emergency announcements, or route emergency calls to the appropriate location.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as answering telephone calls, filing court documents, or maintaining office supplies or equipment.
- Search files and contact witnesses, attorneys, or litigants to obtain information for the court.
||Human Resources Managers
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview, and select applicants.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
||Bill and Account Collectors
- Trace delinquent customers to new addresses by inquiring at post offices, telephone companies, credit bureaus, or through the questioning of neighbors.
||Loan Interviewers and Clerks
- Interview loan applicants to obtain personal and financial data and to assist in completing applications.
- Interview and hire applicants.
- Interview credit applicants by telephone or in person to obtain personal and financial data needed to complete credit report.
||Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Answer incoming phone calls.
||Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as answering phones or distributing mail.
- Interview patients or their representatives to identify problems relating to care.
- Interview people and keep track of their responses.