||Proofreaders and Copy Markers
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers' marks.
- Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
- Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
- Typeset and measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements, such as copy and illustrations, to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler or layout software.
- Read proof sheets aloud, calling out punctuation marks and spelling unusual words and proper names.
||Court, Municipal, and License Clerks
- Perform general office duties, such as taking or transcribing dictation, typing or proofreading correspondence, distributing or filing official forms, or scheduling appointments.
||Court Reporters and Simultaneous Captioners
- Proofread transcripts for correct spelling of words.
||Geoscientists, Except Hydrologists and Geographers
- Review environmental, historical, or technical reports and publications for accuracy.
||Legal Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- Prepare, proofread, or process legal documents, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, or pretrial agreements.
- Perform clerical duties such as typing, proofreading, and sorting mail.
- Check preliminary and final proofs for errors and make necessary corrections.
||Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, or operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets, or other documents.
||Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
- Perform various data entry or word processing tasks, such as updating phone directories, typing or proofreading documents, or creating schedules.
||Word Processors and Typists
- Check completed work for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format.
- Review correspondence for format and typographical accuracy, assemble the information into a prescribed form with the correct number of copies, and submit it to an authorized official for signature.
||Molecular and Cellular Biologists
- Prepare or review reports, manuscripts, or meeting presentations.
||Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary
- Review manuscripts for professional journals.
||Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
- Review work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
||English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary
- Review manuscripts for publication in professional journals.