||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Measure and mark surfaces to lay out work, according to blueprints or drawings, using tape measures, straightedges or squares, and marking devices.
- Measure and cut openings in panels or tiles for electrical outlets, windows, vents, plumbing, or other fixtures, using keyhole saws or other cutting tools.
- Hang dry lines to wall moldings to guide positioning of main runners.
- Measure and mark outlines or patterns on glass to indicate cutting lines.
- Measure mirrors and dimensions of areas to be covered to determine work procedures.
- Measure, cut, fit, and press anti-glare adhesive film to glass or spray glass with tinting solution to prevent light glare.
||Tile and Stone Setters
- Measure and mark surfaces to be tiled, following blueprints.
- Measure and cut metal lath to size for walls and ceilings, using tin snips.
- Locate and mark reference points for columns or plates on boiler foundations, following blueprints and using straightedges, squares, transits, or measuring instruments.
- Lay out plate, sheet steel, or other heavy metal and locate and mark bending and cutting lines, using protractors, compasses, and drawing instruments or templates.
- Perform tie spacing layout and measure, mark, drill or cut.
- Hold plumb bobs, sighting rods, or other equipment to aid in establishing reference points and lines.
- Roll out, measure, mark, and cut carpeting to size with a carpet knife, following floor sketches and allowing extra carpet for final fitting.
- Measure, cut and install tackless strips along the baseboard or wall.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Lay out wall patterns or foundations, using straight edge, rule, or staked lines.
- Measure and lay out fence lines and mark posthole positions, following instructions, drawings, or specifications.
||Terrazzo Workers and Finishers
- Measure designated amounts of ingredients for terrazzo or grout, according to standard formulas and specifications, using graduated containers and scales, and load ingredients into portable mixer.
- Design paver installation layout pattern and create markings for directional references of joints and stringlines.
||Brickmasons and Blockmasons
- Measure distance from reference points and mark guidelines to lay out work, using plumb bobs and levels.
||Sheet Metal Workers
- Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material, such as roofing panels, using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares, or rulers.
- Measure, mark, or record openings or distances to layout areas where construction work will be performed.
||Rock Splitters, Quarry
- Mark dimensions or outlines on stone prior to cutting, using rules and chalk lines.
||Insulation Workers, Floor, Ceiling, and Wall
- Measure and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, power saws, knives, or scissors.
||Floor Layers, Except Carpet, Wood, and Hard Tiles
- Measure and mark guidelines on surfaces or foundations, using chalk lines and dividers.
||Insulation Workers, Mechanical
- Measure and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, knives, and scissors.
- Lay out pipe routes, following written instructions or blueprints and coordinating layouts with supervisors.
||Helpers--Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Measure, cut, thread and assemble new pipe, placing the assembled pipe in hangers or other supports.