- Waterproof or damp-proof walls, floors, roofs, foundations, or basements by painting or spraying surfaces with waterproof coatings or by attaching waterproofing membranes to surfaces.
- Cover exposed nailheads with roofing cement or caulking to prevent water leakage or rust.
- Spray roofs, sidings, or walls to bind, seal, insulate, or soundproof sections of structures, using spray guns, air compressors, or heaters.
||Painters, Construction and Maintenance
- Waterproof buildings, using waterproofers or caulking.
- Spray or brush hot plastics or pitch onto surfaces.
- Spray materials, such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco, through hoses to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Apply caulking compounds by hand or caulking guns to protect against entry of water or air.
- Spread sealing compound between boards or panels or over cracks, holes, nail heads, or screw heads, using trowels, broadknives, or spatulas.
- Press paper tape over joints to embed tape into sealing compound and to seal joints.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Apply acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
||Solar Thermal Installers and Technicians
- Apply weather seal, such as pipe flashings and sealants, to roof penetrations and structural devices.
- Apply ultraviolet radiation protection to prevent degradation of plumbing.
||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete, and waterproof or restore surface.
- Waterproof or restore concrete surfaces, using appropriate compounds.
||Rail-Track Laying and Maintenance Equipment Operators
- Spray ties, fishplates, or joints with oil to protect them from weathering.
||Insulation Workers, Floor, Ceiling, and Wall
- Cover, seal, or finish insulated surfaces or access holes with plastic covers, canvas strips, sealants, tape, cement or asphalt mastic.
||Insulation Workers, Mechanical
- Cover, seal, or finish insulated surfaces or access holes with plastic covers, canvas strips, sealants, tape, cement, or asphalt mastic.
||Brickmasons and Blockmasons
- Spray or spread refractory material over brickwork to protect against deterioration.
||Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Apply caulk, sealants, or other agents to installed surfaces.
- Place tiles, nail them to roof boards, and cover nailheads with roofing cement.
||Tile and Stone Setters
- Apply a sealer to make grout stain- and water-resistant.
||Solar Photovoltaic Installers
- Apply weather sealing to array, building, or support mechanisms.
||Terrazzo Workers and Finishers
- Wash polished terrazzo surface, using cleaner and water, and apply sealer and curing agent according to manufacturer's specifications, using brush or sprayer.