- Spray materials, such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco, through hoses to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Mop, brush, or spread paints, cleaning solutions, or other compounds over surfaces to clean them or to provide protection.
||Terrazzo Workers and Finishers
- Wash polished terrazzo surface, using cleaner and water, and apply sealer and curing agent according to manufacturer's specifications, using brush or sprayer.
- Clean chipped area, using wire brush, and feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or uneven.
||Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Clean installation surfaces, equipment, tools, work sites, or storage areas, using water, chemical solutions, oxygen lances, or polishing machines.
- Remove damaged tile, brick, or mortar, and clean or prepare surfaces, using pliers, hammers, chisels, drills, wire brushes, or metal wire anchors.
||Painters, Construction and Maintenance
- Wash and treat surfaces with oil, turpentine, mildew remover, or other preparations, and sand rough spots to ensure that finishes will adhere properly.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning, or using water or abrasive blasting.
- Sweep and clean roofs to prepare them for the application of new roofing materials.
||Helpers--Painters, Paperhangers, Plasterers, and Stucco Masons
- Place articles to be stripped into stripping tanks.
||Plasterers and Stucco Masons
- Clean and prepare surfaces for applications of plaster, cement, stucco, or similar materials, such as by drywall taping.
||Floor Layers, Except Carpet, Wood, and Hard Tiles
- Sweep, scrape, sand, or chip dirt and irregularities to clean base surfaces, correcting imperfections that may show through the covering.
||Brickmasons and Blockmasons
- Clean working surface to remove scale, dust, soot, or chips of brick and mortar, using broom, wire brush, or scraper.
- Remove paint, varnish, dirt, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solutions.
||Tile and Marble Setters
- Remove any old tile, grout and adhesive using chisels and scrapers and clean the surface carefully.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Wash concrete surfaces before mounting tile to increase adhesive qualities of surfaces, using washing soda and zinc sulfate solution.