||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float.
- Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
- Produce rough concrete surface, using broom.
- Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete, and waterproof or restore surface.
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete or pattern or stamp the surface to provide a decorative finish.
- Wet concrete surface, and rub with stone to smooth surface and obtain specified finish.
- Spread roofing paper on surface of foundation, and spread concrete onto roofing paper with trowel to form terrazzo base.
||Tile and Stone Setters
- Mix, apply, and spread plaster, concrete, mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives to form a bed for the tiles, using brush, trowel and screed.
- Level concrete and allow to dry.
- Smooth or finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools.
- Mix, pour, or spread concrete, using portable cement mixers.
- Cement the edges of the paved area.
||Floor Layers, Except Carpet, Wood, and Hard Tiles
- Roll and press sheet wall and floor covering into cement base to smooth and finish surface, using hand roller.
- Secure stakes to grids for constructions of footings, nail scabs to footing forms, and vibrate and float concrete.
||Paving, Surfacing, and Tamping Equipment Operators
- Operate machines to spread, smooth, level, or steel-reinforce stone, concrete, or asphalt on road beds.
- Mix mortar or grout and pour or spread mortar or grout on marble slabs, stone, or foundation.
||Highway Maintenance Workers
- Dump, spread, and tamp asphalt, using pneumatic tampers, to repair joints and patch broken pavement.