||Floor Sanders and Finishers
- Scrape and sand floor edges and areas inaccessible to floor sanders, using scrapers, disk-type sanders, and sandpaper.
- Guide sanding machines over surfaces of floors until surfaces are smooth.
- Sand or patch nicks or cracks in plasterboard or wallboard.
- Sand rough spots of dried cement between applications of compounds.
||Painters, Construction and Maintenance
- Smooth surfaces, using sandpaper, scrapers, brushes, steel wool, or sanding machines.
- Polish final coats to specified finishes.
- Smooth, polish, and bevel surfaces, using hand tools and power tools.
- Repair cracked or chipped areas of stone or marble, using blowtorch and mastic, and remove rough or defective spots from concrete, using power grinder or chisel and hammer.
||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, or hand tools.
- Polish surface, using polishing or surfacing machine.
||Helpers--Painters, Paperhangers, Plasterers, and Stucco Masons
- Smooth surfaces of articles to be painted, using sanding and buffing tools and equipment.
- Cut and trim carpet to fit along wall edges, openings, and projections, finishing the edges with a wall trimmer.
- Smooth or sand surfaces to remove ridges, tool marks, glue, or caulking.
- Smooth rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
||Sheet Metal Workers
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff, or smooth surfaces, seams, or joints of assembled parts, using hand tools or portable power tools.
||Tile and Marble Setters
- Cut, surface, polish, and install marble and granite or install pre-cast terrazzo, granite or marble units.
||Rail-Track Laying and Maintenance Equipment Operators
- Grind ends of new or worn rails to attain smooth joints, using portable grinders.
- Grind or polish glass, smoothing edges when necessary.
- Smooth rough spots to prepare surfaces for waterproofing, using hammers, chisels, or rubbing bricks.
- Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces, such as concrete, marble, terrazzo, or wood flooring, using abrasive tools or machines.