- Attach fence rail supports to posts, using hammers and pliers.
- Nail top and bottom rails to fence posts, or insert them in slots on posts.
- Stretch wire, wire mesh, or chain link fencing between posts, and attach fencing to frames.
- Complete top fence rails of metal fences by connecting tube sections, using metal sleeves.
- Insert metal tubing through rail supports.
- Nail pointed slats to rails to construct picket fences.
||Structural Iron and Steel Workers
- Connect columns, beams, and girders with bolts, following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
- Bolt aligned structural steel members in position for permanent riveting, bolting, or welding into place.
- Erect metal or precast concrete components for structures, such as buildings, bridges, dams, towers, storage tanks, fences, or highway guard rails.
- Force structural steel members into final positions, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, or hand tools.
- Drive drift pins through rivet holes to align rivet holes in structural steel members with corresponding holes in previously placed members.
- Fabricate or install metal sashes or moldings for glass installation, using aluminum or steel framing.
- Install pre-assembled metal or wood frameworks for windows or doors to be fitted with glass panels, using hand tools.
- Install structures or fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, trim, or hardware, using carpenters' hand or power tools.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools, or power tools.
||Elevator Installers and Repairers
- Bolt or weld steel rails to the walls of shafts to guide elevators, working from scaffolding or platforms.
- Install outer doors and door frames at elevator entrances on each floor of a structure.
||Insulation Workers, Mechanical
- Install sheet metal around insulated pipes with screws to protect the insulation from weather conditions or physical damage.
||Roof Bolters, Mining
- Install various types of bolts including truss, glue, and resin bolts, traversing entire ceiling spans.
- Examine structural timbers and supports to detect decay, and replace timbers as required, using hand tools, nuts, and bolts.
- Fasten timbers or lumber with glue, screws, pegs, or nails and install hardware.
||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete or pattern or stamp the surface to provide a decorative finish.
||Reinforcing Iron and Rebar Workers
- Position and secure steel bars, rods, cables, or mesh in concrete forms, using fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, or hand tools.
- Position, align, and secure structural parts or related assemblies to boiler frames, tanks, or vats of pressure vessels, following blueprints.
- Install metal molding at wall corners to secure wallboard.