- Roll out, measure, mark, and cut carpeting to size with a carpet knife, following floor sketches and allowing extra carpet for final fitting.
- Cut and trim carpet to fit along wall edges, openings, and projections, finishing the edges with a wall trimmer.
- Measure, cut and install tackless strips along the baseboard or wall.
- Cut carpet padding to size and install padding, following prescribed method.
- Cut and bind material.
- Measure and mark outlines or patterns on glass to indicate cutting lines.
- Measure mirrors and dimensions of areas to be covered to determine work procedures.
- Measure, cut, fit, and press anti-glare adhesive film to glass or spray glass with tinting solution to prevent light glare.
||Floor Layers, Except Carpet, Wood, and Hard Tiles
- Cut flooring material to fit around obstructions.
- Measure and mark guidelines on surfaces or foundations, using chalk lines and dividers.
- Cut covering and foundation materials, according to blueprints and sketches.
- Perform tie spacing layout and measure, mark, drill or cut.
- Cut and install insulating or sound-absorbing material.
- Cut tile or linoleum to fit and spread adhesives on flooring for installation.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Measure and mark surfaces to lay out work, according to blueprints or drawings, using tape measures, straightedges or squares, and marking devices.
- Measure and cut openings in panels or tiles for electrical outlets, windows, vents, plumbing, or other fixtures, using keyhole saws or other cutting tools.
||Tile and Stone Setters
- Cut tile backing to required size, using shears.
- Measure and cut metal lath to size for walls and ceilings, using tin snips.
||Helpers--Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Measure, cut, thread and assemble new pipe, placing the assembled pipe in hangers or other supports.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
||Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, or fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers or levels.
||Brickmasons and Blockmasons
- Measure distance from reference points and mark guidelines to lay out work, using plumb bobs and levels.
||Terrazzo Workers and Finishers
- Measure designated amounts of ingredients for terrazzo or grout, according to standard formulas and specifications, using graduated containers and scales, and load ingredients into portable mixer.
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
||Insulation Workers, Mechanical
- Measure and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, knives, and scissors.
||Derrick Operators, Oil and Gas
- Weigh clay, and mix with water and chemicals to make drilling mud, using portable mixers.
- Locate and mark reference points for columns or plates on boiler foundations, following blueprints and using straightedges, squares, transits, or measuring instruments.
||Painters, Construction and Maintenance
- Cut stencils and brush or spray lettering or decorations on surfaces.
||Solar Thermal Installers and Technicians
- Cut, miter, and glue piping insulation to insulate plumbing pipes and fittings.
||Rotary Drill Operators, Oil and Gas
- Weigh clay, and mix with water and chemicals to make drilling mud.
- Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
||Sheet Metal Workers
- Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material, such as roofing panels, using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares, or rulers.