||Tile and Marble Setters
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tile.
- Remove any old tile, grout and adhesive using chisels and scrapers and clean the surface carefully.
||Floor Layers, Except Carpet, Wood, and Hard Tiles
- Disconnect and remove appliances, light fixtures, and worn floor and wall covering from floors, walls, and cabinets.
||Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Remove damaged tile, brick, or mortar, and clean or prepare surfaces, using pliers, hammers, chisels, drills, wire brushes, or metal wire anchors.
||Brickmasons and Blockmasons
- Remove burned or damaged brick or mortar, using sledgehammer, crowbar, chipping gun, or chisel.
||Insulation Workers, Floor, Ceiling, and Wall
- Remove old insulation, such as asbestos, following safety procedures.
||Helpers--Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Disassemble and remove damaged or worn pipe.
- Move furniture from area to be carpeted and remove old carpet and padding.
- Remove old roofing materials.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
||Pipe Fitters and Steamfitters
- Remove and replace worn components.
||Septic Tank Servicers and Sewer Pipe Cleaners
- Cut damaged sections of pipe with cutters, remove broken sections from ditches, and replace pipe sections, using pipe sleeves.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Remove existing plaster, drywall, or paneling, using crowbars and hammers.
- Cut and remove broken glass prior to installing replacement glass.
- Raze buildings or salvage useful materials.