||Earth Drillers, Except Oil and Gas
- Select and attach drill bits and drill rods, adding more rods as hole depths increase, and changing drill bits as needed.
- Select the appropriate drill for the job, using knowledge of rock or soil conditions.
||Solar Photovoltaic Installers
- Determine materials, equipment, and installation sequences necessary to maximize installation efficiency.
||Explosives Workers, Ordnance Handling Experts, and Blasters
- Maintain inventory levels, ordering new supplies as necessary.
||First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
- Order or requisition materials or supplies.
||Helpers--Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Requisition tools and equipment, select type and size of pipe, and collect and transport materials and equipment to work site.
||Plasterers and Stucco Masons
- Determine materials needed to complete the job and place orders accordingly.
||Solar Energy Installation Managers
- Purchase or rent equipment for solar energy system installation.
- Select tools, equipment, or materials from storage and transport items to work site.
||Service Unit Operators, Oil and Gas
- Select fishing methods or tools for removing obstacles such as liners, broken casing, screens, or drill pipe.
- Perform business management duties, such as maintaining records or files, preparing reports, or ordering supplies or equipment.
||Rotary Drill Operators, Oil and Gas
- Monitor progress of drilling operations, and select and change drill bits according to the nature of strata, using hand tools.
||Septic Tank Servicers and Sewer Pipe Cleaners
- Requisition or order tools and equipment.
- Requisition materials, using warehouse requisition or release forms.
||Tile and Stone Setters
- Select and order tile and other items to be installed, such as bathroom accessories, walls, panels, and cabinets, according to specifications.
||Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators
- Select and fasten bulldozer blades or other attachments to tractors, using hitches.
- Select and order lumber or other required materials.