||Solar Thermal Installers and Technicians
- Install copper or plastic plumbing using pipes, fittings, pipe cutters, acetylene torches, solder, wire brushes, sand cloths, flux, plastic pipe cleaners, or plastic glue.
- Install circulating pumps using pipe, fittings, soldering equipment, electrical supplies, and hand tools.
- Connect water heaters and storage tanks to power and water sources.
- Install plumbing, such as dip tubes, port fittings, drain tank valves, pressure temperature relief valves, or tanks, according to manufacturer specifications and building codes.
||Pipe Fitters and Steamfitters
- Assemble or secure pipes, tubes, fittings, or related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, or threading joints.
- Attach pipes to walls, structures, or fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment.
- Install pipe systems to support alternative energy-fueled systems, such as geothermal heating or cooling systems.
||Helpers--Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Measure, cut, thread and assemble new pipe, placing the assembled pipe in hangers or other supports.
- Mount brackets and hangers on walls and ceilings to hold pipes, and set sleeves or inserts to provide support for pipes.
- Excavate and grade ditches, and lay and join pipe for water and sewer service.
- Install or repair sanitary or stormwater sewer structures or pipe systems.
- Align and position pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing.
- Install sewer, water, or storm drain pipes, using pipe-laying machinery or laser guidance equipment.
- Position, join, align, or seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections or pipes.
||Roustabouts, Oil and Gas
- Unscrew or tighten pipes, casing, tubing, and pump rods, using hand and power wrenches and tongs.
||Service Unit Operators, Oil, Gas, and Mining
- Install pressure-control devices onto wellheads.
||Rotary Drill Operators, Oil and Gas
- Line drilled holes with pipes, and install all necessary hardware, to prepare new wells.
||Sheet Metal Workers
- Install assemblies, such as flashing, pipes, tubes, heating and air conditioning ducts, furnace casings, rain gutters, or downspouts in supportive frameworks.