||Reinforcing Iron and Rebar Workers
- Space and fasten together rods in forms according to blueprints, using wire and pliers.
- Position and secure steel bars, rods, cables, or mesh in concrete forms, using fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, or hand tools.
- Cut and fit wire mesh or fabric, using hooked rods, and position fabric or mesh in concrete to reinforce concrete.
||Structural Iron and Steel Workers
- Pull, push, or pry structural steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place.
- Unload and position prefabricated steel units for hoisting, as needed.
- Ride on girders or other structural steel members to position them, or use rope to guide them into position.
- Set metal or wooden posts in upright positions in postholes.
- Align posts, using lines or by sighting, and verify vertical alignment of posts, using plumb bobs or spirit levels.
- Position, align, and secure structural parts or related assemblies to boiler frames, tanks, or vats of pressure vessels, following blueprints.
||Sheet Metal Workers
- Maneuver completed roofing units into position for installation.
||Terrazzo Workers and Finishers
- Repair concrete by cutting out damaged areas, drilling holes for reinforcing rods, and positioning reinforcing rods, using power saw and drill.
- Position, join, align, or seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections or pipes.
||Pile Driver Operators
- Drive pilings to provide support for buildings or other structures, using heavy equipment with a pile driver head.
||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods, and position reinforcing rods to repair concrete, using power saw and drill.