||Helpers--Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Measure, cut, thread and assemble new pipe, placing the assembled pipe in hangers or other supports.
- Perform rough-ins, repair and replace fixtures and water heaters, and locate, repair, or remove leaking or broken pipes.
- Cut pipe and lift up to fitters.
- Disassemble and remove damaged or worn pipe.
- Clean and renew steam traps.
||Pipe Fitters and Steamfitters
- Cut, thread, or hammer pipes to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, pipe threaders, or pipe benders.
- Modify, clean, or maintain pipe systems, units, fittings, or related machines or equipment, using hand or power tools.
- Shut off steam, water, or other gases or liquids from pipe sections, using valve keys or wrenches.
- Remove and replace worn components.
||Tile and Marble Setters
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tile.
- Remove any old tile, grout and adhesive using chisels and scrapers and clean the surface carefully.
- Measure and cut metal lath to size for walls and ceilings, using tin snips.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Cut metal or wood framing and trim to size, using cutting tools.
- Cut and screw together metal channels to make floor or ceiling frames, according to plans for the location of rooms or hallways.
- Remove existing plaster, drywall, or paneling, using crowbars and hammers.
- Cut and remove broken glass prior to installing replacement glass.
- Cut and attach mounting strips, metal or wood moldings, rubber gaskets, or metal clips to surfaces in preparation for mirror installation.
- Maintain or repair plumbing by replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, or opening clogged drains.
- Measure, cut, thread, or bend pipe to required angle, using hand or power tools or machines, such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, or pipe-bending machines.
||Reinforcing Iron and Rebar Workers
- Cut rods to required lengths, using metal shears, hacksaws, bar cutters, or acetylene torches.
- Cut and fit wire mesh or fabric, using hooked rods, and position fabric or mesh in concrete to reinforce concrete.
- Cut pipes to required lengths.
- Install or repair sanitary or stormwater sewer structures or pipe systems.
||Floor Layers, Except Carpet, Wood, and Hard Tiles
- Disconnect and remove appliances, light fixtures, and worn floor and wall covering from floors, walls, and cabinets.
- Move furniture from area to be carpeted and remove old carpet and padding.
||Highway Maintenance Workers
- Inspect, clean, and repair drainage systems, bridges, tunnels, and other structures.
- Remove old paper, using water, steam machines, or solvents and scrapers.
||Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Remove damaged tile, brick, or mortar, and clean or prepare surfaces, using pliers, hammers, chisels, drills, wire brushes, or metal wire anchors.
||Brickmasons and Blockmasons
- Remove burned or damaged brick or mortar, using sledgehammer, crowbar, chipping gun, or chisel.
||Insulation Workers, Floor, Ceiling, and Wall
- Remove old insulation such as asbestos, following safety procedures.
||Insulation Workers, Mechanical
- Remove or seal off old asbestos insulation, following safety procedures.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
||Rail-Track Laying and Maintenance Equipment Operators
- Cut rails to specified lengths, using rail saws.
- Remove old roofing materials.