- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
||Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Inspect and test equipment and circuits to identify malfunctions or defects, using wiring diagrams and testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or ammeters.
- Run signal quality and connectivity tests for individual cables, and record results.
- Construct, test, maintain, and repair substation relay and control systems.
||Solar Photovoltaic Installers
- Check electrical installation for proper wiring, polarity, grounding, or integrity of terminations.
- Test operating voltages to ensure operation within acceptable limits for power conditioning equipment, such as inverters and controllers.
- Visually inspect and test photovoltaic (PV) modules or systems.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Inspect electrical connections, wiring, relays, charging resistance boxes, and storage batteries, following wiring diagrams.
- Inspect batteries for structural defects such as dented cans, damaged carbon rods and terminals, and defective seals.
||Elevator and Escalator Installers and Repairers
- Inspect wiring connections, control panel hookups, door installations, and alignments and clearances of cars and hoistways to ensure that equipment will operate properly.
- Operate elevators to determine power demands, and test power consumption to detect overload factors.
||Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers
- Inspect and test power lines and auxiliary equipment to locate and identify problems, using reading and testing instruments.
- Identify defective sectionalizing devices, circuit breakers, fuses, voltage regulators, transformers, switches, relays, or wiring, using wiring diagrams and electrical-testing instruments.
- Test and troubleshoot instruments, components, and assemblies, using circuit testers, oscilloscopes, or voltmeters.
- Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems.
||Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Inspect or test wiring installations, assemblies, or circuits for resistance factors or for operation, and record results.
- Measure and adjust voltages to specified values to determine operational accuracy of instruments.
- Trace out short circuits in wiring, using test meter.
- Examine electrical units for loose connections and broken insulation and tighten connections, using hand tools.
||Signal and Track Switch Repairers
- Inspect, maintain, and replace batteries as needed.
||Radio, Cellular, and Tower Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Install, connect, or test underground or aboveground grounding systems.
||Wind Turbine Service Technicians
- Test structures, controls, or mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical systems, according to test plans or in coordination with engineers.
||Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment
- Test faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment or software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems.
||Hydroelectric Plant Technicians
- Test and repair or replace electrical equipment, such as circuit breakers, station batteries, cable trays, conduits, or control devices.
||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Install, inspect and test electric meters, relays, and power sources to detect causes of malfunctions and inaccuracies, using hand tools and testing equipment.
||Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Inspect and test electrical systems and equipment to locate and diagnose malfunctions, using visual inspections, testing devices, and computer software.
||Helpers--Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Workers
- Diagnose electrical problems and install and rewire electrical components.
||Construction and Building Inspectors
- Inspect bridges, dams, highways, buildings, wiring, plumbing, electrical circuits, sewers, heating systems, or foundations during and after construction for structural quality, general safety, or conformance to specifications and codes.
||Solar Thermal Installers and Technicians
- Test operation or functionality of mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and control systems.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Test electrical systems to determine voltages, using voltage meters.