Related Task Search
8 occupations have tasks related to the 1 task from your current occupation, Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians.
- Idle motors and observe thermometers to determine the effectiveness of cooling systems.
||Home Appliance Repairers
- Observe and examine appliances during operation to detect specific malfunctions such as loose parts or leaking fluid.
- Observe and test operation of appliances following installation, and make any initial installation adjustments that are necessary.
||Railroad Brake, Signal, and Switch Operators and Locomotive Firers
- Monitor trains as they go around curves to detect dragging equipment and smoking journal boxes.
- Listen to engines, examine vehicle frames, or confer with customers to determine nature and extent of malfunction or damage.
||Industrial Machinery Mechanics
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
||Helpers--Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Workers
- Tend and observe equipment and machinery to verify efficient and safe operation.
||Maintenance Workers, Machinery
- Start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems.
||Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, or pressure gauges.
||Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Listen to operating engines to detect and diagnose malfunctions, such as sticking or burned valves.