||Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes.
- Tune automobile engines to ensure proper and efficient functioning.
- Repair, replace, or adjust defective fuel injectors, carburetor parts, and gasoline filters.
- Install, adjust, or repair hydraulic or electromagnetic automatic lift mechanisms used to raise and lower automobile windows, seats, and tops.
- Retrofit vehicle fuel systems with aftermarket products, such as vapor transfer devices, evaporation control devices, swirlers, lean burn devices, and friction reduction devices, to enhance combustion and fuel efficiency.
||Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Install or repair accessories.
- Repair or adjust seats, doors, or windows.
- Adjust or repair computer controlled exhaust emissions devices.
- Mount, balance, change, or check condition or pressure of tires.
- Repair or adjust motorcycle subassemblies, such as forks, transmissions, brakes, or drive chains, according to specifications.
- Reassemble frames and reinstall engines after repairs.
||Automotive Body and Related Repairers
- Fit and weld replacement parts into place, using wrenches and welding equipment, and grind down welds to smooth them, using power grinders and other tools.
- Fit and secure windows, vinyl roofs, and metal trim to vehicle bodies, using caulking guns, adhesive brushes, and mallets.
- Adjust or align headlights, wheels, and brake systems.
||Tire Repairers and Changers
- Remount wheels onto vehicles.
- Rotate tires to different positions on vehicles, using hand tools.
||Farm Equipment Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Tune or overhaul engines.
||Outdoor Power Equipment and Other Small Engine Mechanics
- Adjust points, valves, carburetors, distributors, and spark plug gaps, using feeler gauges.
||Automotive Glass Installers and Repairers
- Replace or adjust motorized or manual window-raising mechanisms.
||Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Adjust carburetor mixtures, electrical point settings, or timing while motors are running in water-filled test tanks.
||Rail Car Repairers
- Repair, fabricate, and install steel or wood fittings, using blueprints, shop sketches, and instruction manuals.
||Electronic Equipment Installers and Repairers, Motor Vehicles
- Remove seats, carpeting, and interiors of doors and add sound-absorbing material in empty spaces, reinstalling interior parts.