||Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
- Plan and lay out repair work, using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, or schematic diagrams.
- Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
- Estimate costs to repair machinery, equipment, or building structures.
||Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
- Inspect vehicles for damage and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Estimate costs of vehicle repair.
- Plan work procedures, using charts, technical manuals, and experience.
||Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installers
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
- Provide customers with cost estimates for equipment installation.
||First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers
- Develop, implement, or evaluate maintenance policies and procedures.
- Compute estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, or outside contractors.
||Watch and Clock Repairers
- Estimate repair costs and timepiece values.
- Record quantities and types of timepieces repaired, serial and model numbers of items, work performed, and charges for repairs.
||Coin, Vending, and Amusement Machine Servicers and Repairers
- Prepare repair cost estimates.
||Audiovisual Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Compute cost estimates for labor and materials.
||Outdoor Power Equipment and Other Small Engine Mechanics
- Obtain problem descriptions from customers, and prepare cost estimates for repairs.
||Industrial Machinery Mechanics
- Record parts or materials used and order or requisition new parts or materials, as necessary.
||Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Estimate costs of repairs based on parts and labor requirements.
||Medical Equipment Repairers
- Plan and carry out work assignments, using blueprints, schematic drawings, technical manuals, wiring diagrams, or liquid or air flow sheets, following prescribed regulations, directives, or other instructions as required.
||Home Appliance Repairers
- Provide repair cost estimates, and recommend whether appliance repair or replacement is a better choice.
||Electronic Equipment Installers and Repairers, Motor Vehicles
- Estimate costs of repairs, based on parts and labor charges.
||Manufactured Building and Mobile Home Installers
- List parts needed, estimate costs, and plan work procedures, using parts lists, technical manuals, and diagrams.
||Signal and Track Switch Repairers
- Record and report information about mileage or track inspected, repairs performed, and equipment requiring replacement.
- Prepare plans to intercept foreign communications transmissions.
||Automotive Body and Related Repairers
- Review damage reports, prepare or review repair cost estimates, and plan work to be performed.