||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Turn valves to allow measured amounts of air or gas to pass through meters at specified flow rates.
- Vary air pressure flowing into regulators and turn handles to assess functioning of valves and pistons.
- Dismantle meters, and replace or adjust defective parts such as cases, shafts, gears, disks, and recording mechanisms, using soldering irons and hand tools.
- Make adjustments to meter components, such as setscrews or timing mechanisms, so that they conform to specifications.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Adjust string tensions to tune instruments, using hand tools and electronic tuning devices.
- String instruments, and adjust trusses and bridges of instruments to obtain specified string tensions and heights.
- Adjust felt hammers on pianos to increase tonal mellowness or brilliance, using sanding paddles, lacquer, or needles.
||Radio, Cellular, and Tower Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Check antenna positioning to ensure specified azimuths or mechanical tilts and adjust as necessary.
- Install, adjust, and repair stationary and mobile radio transmitting and receiving equipment and two-way radio communication systems.
- Monitor radio range stations to detect transmission flaws and adjust controls to eliminate flaws.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Adjust working parts, such as fan belts, contacts, and springs, using hand tools and gauges.
- Verify and adjust alignments and dimensions of parts, using gauges and tracing lathes.
- Set machinery for proper performance, using computers.
||Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers
- Repair, adjust, or replace electrical or mechanical components or parts, using hand tools, power tools, or soldering or welding equipment.
- Clean, oil, or adjust mechanical parts to maintain machines' operating efficiency and to prevent breakdowns.
- Monitor and adjust operations of geothermal power plant equipment or systems.
- Adjust power production systems to meet load and distribution demands.
||Roof Bolters, Mining
- Position bolting machines, and insert drill bits into chucks.
- Remove drill bits from chucks after drilling holes and insert bolts into chucks.
||Coin, Vending, and Amusement Machine Servicers and Repairers
- Adjust and repair coin, vending, or amusement machines and meters and replace defective mechanical and electrical parts, using hand tools, soldering irons, and diagrams.
- Adjust machine pressure gauges and thermostats.
||Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanics, Except Engines
- Adjust, maintain, and repair or replace subassemblies, such as transmissions and crawler heads, using hand tools, jacks, and cranes.
- Adjust and maintain industrial machinery, using control and regulating devices.
||Septic Tank Servicers and Sewer Pipe Cleaners
- Install rotary knives on flexible cables mounted on machine reels, according to the diameters of pipes to be cleaned.
- Start machines to feed revolving cables or rods into openings, stopping machines and changing knives to conform to pipe sizes.
||Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators
- Connect hydraulic hoses, belts, mechanical linkages, or power takeoff shafts to tractors.
- Select and fasten bulldozer blades or other attachments to tractors, using hitches.
||Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers
- Install, connect, or adjust thermostats, humidistats, or timers.
- Adjust system controls to settings recommended by manufacturer to balance system.
||Home Appliance Repairers
- Reassemble units after repairs are made, making adjustments and cleaning and lubricating parts as needed.
- Set appliance thermostats, and check to ensure that they are functioning properly.
||Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
- Test and adjust repaired systems to meet manufacturers' performance specifications.
||Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
||Audiovisual Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Tune or adjust equipment and instruments to obtain optimum visual or auditory reception, according to specifications, manuals, and drawings.
||Farm Equipment Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Reassemble machines and equipment following repair, testing operation and making adjustments, as necessary.
||Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Adjust generators and replace faulty wiring, using hand tools and soldering irons.
||Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers
- Adjust cameras, photographic mechanisms, or equipment such as range and view finders, shutters, light meters, or lens systems, using hand tools.
||Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment
- Repair or adjust equipment, machines, or defective components, replacing worn parts, such as gaskets or seals in watertight electrical equipment.