||Layout Workers, Metal and Plastic
- Fit and align fabricated parts to be welded or assembled.
- Locate center lines and verify template positions, using measuring instruments such as gauge blocks, height gauges, and dial indicators.
||Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers
- Position and align subassemblies in jigs or fixtures, using measuring instruments and following blueprint lines and index points.
- Align, fit, assemble, connect, or install system components, using jigs, fixtures, measuring instruments, hand tools, or power tools.
||Electromechanical Equipment Assemblers
- Position, align, and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly.
- Assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power tools.
||Timing Device Assemblers and Adjusters
- Adjust sizes or positioning of timepiece parts to achieve specified fit or function, using calipers, fixtures, and loupes.
- Mount hairsprings and balance wheel assemblies between jaws of truing calipers.
- Align treads with guides, start drums to wind treads onto plies, and slice ends.
- Pull plies from supply racks, and align plies with edges of drums.
||Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Verify that workpiece reference lines are parallel to the axis of table rotation, using dial indicators mounted in spindles.
||Sewing Machine Operators
- Baste edges of material to align and temporarily secure parts for final assembly.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Assemble, align, and clamp workpieces into holding fixtures to bond, heat-treat, or solder fabricated metal components.
||Engine and Other Machine Assemblers
- Position or align components for assembly, manually or using hoists.
||Model Makers, Metal and Plastic
- Align, fit, and join parts, using bolts and screws or by welding or gluing.
||Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians
- Mount, secure, and align finished lenses in frames or optical assemblies, using precision hand tools.
- Fit, install, and secure material on frames, using hand tools, power tools, glue, cement, or staples.
||Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic
- Align and assemble parts to produce completed products, using gauges and hand tools.
||Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
- Align and stitch or glue materials such as fabric, fleece, leather, or wood, to join parts.
||Jewelers and Precious Stone and Metal Workers
- Position stones and metal pieces, and set, mount, and secure items in place, using setting and hand tools.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Position, align, and secure workpieces against fixtures or stops on machine beds or on dies.
- Measure and align parts, fasteners, or trimmings, following seams, edges, or markings on parts.
||Milling and Planing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Verify alignment of workpieces on machines, using measuring instruments such as rules, gauges, or calipers.
||Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Align and position materials being joined to ensure accurate application of adhesive or heat sealing.
||Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Position, align, or adjust workpieces or electrical parts to facilitate wiring or assembly.