||Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Place rolls of paper or cardboard on machine feed tracks, and thread paper through gluing, coating, and slitting rollers.
- Fill glue and paraffin reservoirs, and position rollers to dispense glue onto paperboard.
- Lift tote boxes of finished cartons, and dump cartons into feed hoppers.
- Load automatic stapling mechanisms.
||Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Dump or pour specified amounts of materials into machinery or equipment.
- Stop mixing or blending machines when specified product qualities are obtained and open valves and start pumps to transfer mixtures.
- Tend accessory equipment, such as pumps or conveyors, to move materials or ingredients through production processes.
- Unload mixtures into containers or onto conveyors for further processing.
||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Start machinery, such as pumps, feeders, or conveyors, and turn valves to heat, admit, or transfer products, refrigerants, or mixes.
- Measure or weigh specified amounts of ingredients or materials, and load them into tanks, vats, hoppers, or other equipment.
- Load and position wrapping paper, sticks, bags, or cartons into dispensing machines.
||Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Dump, pour, or load specified amounts of refined or unrefined materials into equipment or containers for further processing or storage.
- Turn valves or move controls to admit, drain, separate, filter, clarify, mix, or transfer materials.
- Start agitators, shakers, conveyors, pumps, or centrifuge machines.
- Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Place products in equipment or on work surfaces for further processing, inspecting, or wrapping.
- Dump materials such as prepared ingredients into machine hoppers prior to mixing.
||Power Plant Operators
- Control or maintain auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, condensers, feedwater heaters, filters, or chlorinators, to supply water, fuel, lubricants, air, or auxiliary power.
- Start or stop generators, auxiliary pumping equipment, turbines, or other power plant equipment as necessary.
- Operate, control, or monitor equipment, such as acid or gas carbon dioxide removal units, carbon dioxide compressors, or pipelines, to capture, store, or transport carbon dioxide exhaust.
||Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Fill machines with glue, cement, or adhesives.
- Mount or load material such as paper, plastic, wood, or rubber in feeding mechanisms of cementing or gluing machines.
||Semiconductor Processing Technicians
- Load and unload equipment chambers and transport finished product to storage or to area for further processing.
- Measure and weigh amounts of crystal growing materials, mix and grind materials, load materials into container, and monitor processing procedures to help identify crystal growing problems.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Mix and measure compounds, or weigh premixed compounds, and dump them into machine tubs, cavities, or molds.
- Pour or load metal or sand into melting pots, furnaces, molds, or hoppers, using shovels, ladles, or machines.
||Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Set controls to regulate temperature and length of cycles, and start conveyors, pumps, agitators, and machines.
- Load machines with objects to be processed and unload them after cleaning, placing them on conveyors or racks.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Set temperature, pressure, and time controls, and start conveyers, machines, or pumps.
- Pour, dump, or load prescribed quantities of ingredients or products into cooking equipment, manually or using a hoist.
||Biomass Plant Technicians
- Operate valves, pumps, engines, or generators to control and adjust production of biofuels or biomass-fueled power.
- Calculate, measure, load, or mix biomass feedstock for power generation.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Load equipment receptacles or conveyors with material to be processed, by hand or using hoists.
- Feed fuel, such as coal and coke, into fireboxes or onto conveyors, and remove ashes from furnaces, using shovels and buckets.
||Biofuels Processing Technicians
- Operate valves, pumps, engines, or generators to control and adjust biofuels production.
- Calculate, measure, load, or mix refined feedstock used in biofuels production.
||Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders
- Set temperature and time controls, light ovens, burners, driers, or roasters, and start equipment, such as conveyors, cylinders, blowers, driers, or pumps.
- Dump sugar dust from collectors into melting tanks and add water to reclaim sugar lost during processing.
||Shoe Machine Operators and Tenders
- Draw thread through machine guide slots, needles, and presser feet in preparation for stitching, or load rolls of wire through machine axles.
- Load hot-melt plastic rod glue through reactivator axles, using wrenches, and switch on reactivators, setting temperature and timers to heat glue to specifications.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Load materials into extruding and forming machines, using hand tools, and adjust feed mechanisms to set feed rates.
- Start metering pumps and observe operation of machines and equipment to ensure continuous flow of filaments extruded through spinnerettes and to detect processing defects.
||Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Tend accessory equipment, such as pumps and conveyors, to move materials or ingredients through production processes.
- Load materials into machinery and equipment, using hand tools.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Control or operate manifold and pumping systems to circulate liquids through a petroleum refinery.
- Operate auxiliary equipment and control multiple processing units during distilling or treating operations, moving controls that regulate valves, pumps, compressors, and auxiliary equipment.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Open valves or start pumps, agitators, reactors, blowers, or automatic feed of materials.
- Dump or scoop prescribed solid, granular, or powdered materials into equipment.