||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start conveyors and open furnace doors to load stock, or signal crane operators to uncover soaking pits and lower ingots into them.
- Place completed workpieces on conveyors, using cold rods, tongs, or chain hoists, or signal crane operators to transport them to subsequent stations.
- Signal forklift operators to deposit or extract containers of parts into and from furnaces and quenching rinse tanks.
||Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Collect samples, or signal workers to sample metal for analysis.
- Position equipment such as ladles, grinding wheels, pouring nozzles, or crucibles, or signal other workers to position equipment.
||Foundry Mold and Coremakers
- Move and position workpieces, such as mold sections, patterns, and bottom boards, using cranes, or signal others to move workpieces.
||Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
- Kindle fires, and shovel fuel and other materials into furnaces or onto conveyors by hand, with hoists, or by directing crane operators.
||Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Lift workpieces onto work tables either manually or with hoists or direct crane operators to lift and position workpieces.
||Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders
- Signal coworkers to synchronize flow of materials.
||Gas Plant Operators
- Signal or direct workers who tend auxiliary equipment.
||Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Signal and assist other workers to remove and position equipment, fill hoppers, and feed materials into machines.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Notify other workers of defects, and direct them to adjust extruding and forming machines.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Signal other workers by telephone or radio to operate pumps, open and close valves, and check temperatures.
- Signal coworkers to direct them to move products during the production process.
||Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers
- Manually install structural assemblies or signal crane operators to position assemblies for joining.
||Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Signal crane operators to move large workpieces.